Pages

Friday, November 25, 2011

Black Friday

Ok, so first I should say Thanksgiving was a lot of fun and we had tons of wonderful food. My mom does not know how to cook anything bad. Then I did my nails and my mom opened her birthday present. We stayed all day. Then we came home and started getting ready for Black Friday. Many of you know that Black Friday is not my thing. I do not like crowds or standing in line. Karl is patient and that stuff does not bother him. Well, we go to Wal~Mart...yes we. He talked me into going because I was wanting a new cell phone. Well we get there and we had a few other things in mind we wanted. We picked up a new comforter set ($35) and some Rubbermaid things (18). Karl stood in line for a surround sound bar ($45). We already have surround sound, but it is going out, so we are trying this one. Anyway, while Karl was waiting Josh and I walked around and looked at other stuff. There were people everywhere. I did not have fun. I went for a cell phone, but they were out already, I also wanted some of the 600 thread count sheets which were also gone. Still glad we picked up a few things. Ok, so midnight comes and I see people rushing the front of the store. Josh and I were standing by the cash register, so we jumped in line, Karl met up with us and we checked out. That part did go well.
Karl went back out today and got Meisha a bigger crate...those were on sale also and if you own a dog you know big crates can be kind of pricey. He picked one up for $40 or $45. Hopefully Meisha enjoys some more space.
I took down the Thanksgiving decorations and I need to dust, then I plan to decorate for Christmas!! Yay!! I love this time of the year!!
Tonight we are going to meet up with some of Karl's family for a birthday party. It will be fun, we are going bowling. Have a nice day Black Friday Shoppers!!

5 comments:

  1. I have almost always shopped on Black Friday, but I don't go in the middle of the night with all the crazies who beat each other up to get a deal.

    My time usually starts around 8 a.m. If the "doorbusters" are gone by then, oh well, it wasn't anything I needed anyway. LOL

    I need to decorate for Christmas too. I have the tree up, but no decorations on it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi lori, thanks for the visit. I did not go black Friday shopping but my daughter did and picked some thing up for me. I am glad the dr was able to help your mom. I know my mom was pretty doped up towards the end, but her Alzheimers was bad and it kept her calm. I can't even think of how hard it must have been for her. Have a nice weekend and thanks for the visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lori,
    A belated Happy Thanksgiving. We did a little Black Friday shopping last night after all the crowds. We got some great bargains as you did too! I just finished decorating the tree and house :) Have a great rest of the weekend.
    Hugs, Dru

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you had a nice Thanksgiving and got some great deals at WalMart and escaping relatively unscathed! At least no one got pepper sprayed like here! Enjoy the week ahead! (((Hugz)))

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're very brave to go out on Thanksgiving! I never do! *lol*

    http://scrapgrrl.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog! You are always welcome here. I love Comments, so let me know you were here.