Pages

Monday, June 24, 2013

Highlights of our trip to Muskogee...

We had a great trip to Oklahoma. The first night we were able to get a hold of my Aunt and we had dinner and went shopping. I was able to find Josh a lot of clothes. I love to shop down there. I found some clothes also. The next day we did some more shopping and we went to a museum I had never even heard of. Josh does research and finds these places. The museum is on the campus of an Indian college there in Muskogee...Bacone College...it is called the Atoloa Lodge Museum. The building used to be the art building for the college and when they got a new one, this building became a museum and people donate items to it. There are many different items in there from a lot of different Indian tribes. I honestly thought the museum was going to be disappointing, but it was really good. Good job Josh on finding it. Here is a picture of Josh at the museum.
Josh asked a lot of people in Muskogee about the Ataloa Lodge Museum and no one had heard of it. He found a hidden treasure. That night we had dinner with my Aunt again and my mom, Aunt and Josh did even more shopping. My dad and I went to the hotel to relax. Thursday I was able to get some pool time in while my dad and Josh went to visit my Uncle at the hospital. I had the pool to myself except for 30 minutes that some boys came to swim, then they left and I had it to myself again. It was a nice relaxing day. I got some sun and just a little burn on my back. My Uncle is getting better from the pneumonia, but he is also having heart arrhythmia, so when he gets over pneumonia they will place a stint in to help his heart beat normally. We did not get to see him much because he is still in ICU and visits are limited. Here is another picture from the Ataloa Museum.
These pictures are on facebook, but just on case you didn't see them. I am also going to post one that I did not post on facebook. I took a lot of pictures at the museum. I thought this one was neat. It is the dress of a male chief the head piece and there is a small vest for a child. You can click on any of the pictures to see them better. There were so many dresses and pottery. Lots of things to see here. We came home Friday and I did laundry. Saturday we rested. Sunday we went to see Man of Steel. The latest Superman movie. I really liked that movie. I had told Karl Saturday night we needed to get out and see some of these movies. I get busy and tired when I am working.
We also got our pool set up and it is about ready to swim in. I will do that this week sometime. Josh is also wanting to do some more shopping. I think he is also planning to stay with my parents sometime this week. We have some things going on anyway. Those are the highlights of our trip. It was a lot of fun. Have a nice week!!!

7 comments:

  1. Hi Lori,
    Your trip sounds great. The museum looks really cool! We saw World Z yesterday and loved it. Man of Steel I am going to see next week. Have a great week ahead. Hugs, Dru

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lori;

    Sounds like you had a great trip shopping, visiting and museum. I'm one of the very few in my family who used to love visiting museums while on vacations.
    I pray your uncle gets well soon. Have a blessed beginning of the week my friend. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Sounds like a great trip. Josh is very clever for finding a museum that the locals didn't even know about. Good job buddy! Happy week ahead, sweetie. Hugz!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great trip! that is really great that Josh likes to look things up and go to learn about different cultures. I can't believe it is almost the 4th of July! have a great week! hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you had a nice trip! The museum sounds great. I love visiting places like that. :)

    http://multipleblessings.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lori, Sounds like you had a great trip as well as an interesting museum visit. Nice work Josh! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lori, how cool that Joshua found that museum. I enjoy museums and the things in them. Hope your uncle gets better soon. Enjoy your summer! Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog! You are always welcome here. I love Comments, so let me know you were here.