Pages

Friday, November 30, 2018

Saturday 9- Call Me

http://samanthasaturday9.blogspot.com/






Call Me (1966)

Unfamiliar with this week's song. Hear it here.
 

1) Chris Montez sings that you can always call him, regardless of the hour. Do you believe that it's ever too late to phone someone?  Yes, unless there has been a death or an emergency, I have always been taught not to call people after 9-10 at night, but it depends on the person too.  I have called my mom at 11:00 at night before because I knew she was up and I have also called my cousin and she has called me really late, but non family....no.  I also have a co-worker that goes to bed at 8:30.

 

2) He insists that you can depend on him, even when your friends desert you. Who is someone you can trust to have your back, no matter what?  My mom


3) Billy Crystal serenades Meg Ryan -- via answering machine -- with "Call Me" in When Harry Met Sally. Answering machines have been replaced by voice mail. Who most recently left you a voice mail?  My mom
 

4) Chris Montez is a graduate of El Camino College in Torrance, California. The average daytime temperature in November in Torrance is 70º. How is the weather where you are today?  It was in the 60's today, but we are expecting thunderstorms.

5) Today Chris actively promotes a healthy lifestyle to children. He was honored for his efforts by the group SOPA (Stop Obesity, Promote Activity). Do you believe you get enough exercise?  No, I need to walk on my treadmill.   


6) Released in late 1965, "Call Me" became a big hit in 1966, reaching #2 on the charts. Even though it sold millions of copies and was certified as a Gold Record, it never hit #1. Is winning, or being the best, important to you?  not really
 
7) In 1966, when this was playing on juke boxes, kids were watching Batman and Star Trek. If you had your choice of watching an episode right now, which would you choose: Star Trek or Batmanthe tv shows...  neither, but I do love the Batman movies.


8) Also in 1966, celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay was born. Do you enjoy cooking?  not really.

9) Random question -- You have the opportunity to perform in the circus! Would you rather be shot from a cannon, or put your head in the lion's mouth?  my head in the lion's mouth

9 comments:

  1. Wow Lori! The head in the Lion's mouth? LOL! I would rather be a Ring Master then either of those two. I too did the Saturday 9. Have a blessed weekend my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd take my chances with the lion, too. (Though I would be careful to note his mood because I climbed into the ring.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went with the lion, too. I didn't worry about him being fed like everyone else seems to. My first thought was how bad his breath probably smells. LOL
    Enjoy your warmer weather today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I envy your warmer weather. I thought 28 degrees felt warm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We both chose the lion's mouth! Different questions this week! Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't think I want to do either of those things unless the lion has no teeth. And even then, I don't think I,could handle all that slobber! Still, it would be better than being shot out of the cannon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, aren't you the brave gal, putting your head in a lion's mouth. :o)) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. When my kids were small I had a friend who would wait until her kids were asleep to call my house. Of course she would wake my kids up in doing so.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not a big cooking fan here, either, but somebody's gotta do it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog! You are always welcome here. I love Comments, so let me know you were here.