Now for something different. I hope you'll find it fun. Pandora has been doing Sunday Stealing for years, even though she's in Australia and can't relate to many of the questions, so I invited her to submit an Australia-related set of questions. She checked these with friends and says that Australians could easily answer them.
Many of these you won't be able to answer, but give it a try--and understand how Pandora feels! (I printed all of them because I figure you'll skip many -- feel free to check Google and learn some new things!)
2. Who was your favourite Prime Minister of the last ten years? (There have been five – choose wisely) I do not have a favorite.
3. Are you a Monarchist or a Republican? Why? neither?
4. What do you think of our current head of state? I have enough to worry about with our own government in the U.S., I just always hope things are going well for the other countries and concentrate on what is going on here.
5. What are your feelings on compulsory voting. I think whatever works for you is fine.
6. What is your favourite footy food? what?
7. Your Nana is having her 80th catered for by the CWA. What CWA standards are you looking forward to at the spread? The Victoria Sponge? Yoyos? Asparagus Rolls? Brandy Snaps? No clue
8. What do you do on ANZAC Day? Just a normal day here.
9. Discuss the merits of budgie smugglers. what?
10. What is outside your back door? Gumboots or thongs? Oh my! I would love to know.
11. As a kid you were given 20 cents for pick and mix. What will be in your bag? Teeth? Spearmint leaves? Gobstoppers? Freckles? Are Gobstoppers candy in Australia? If so, I will go with those.
12. Redbacks or Huntsmen? ???
13. The Mullet. Discuss. It was a bad hairdo in the 80's here...hahahhaa
14. Kath or Kim? uhhhh
15. Cricket – which code do your follow? Why? Do you think that 20/20 games are sacrilege? I do not play.
16. Football. Which code do you follow? Do you have an opinion about Collingwood or Essendon? no idea?
17. Do you agree that the lyrics to Khe Sahn should be on the citizenship test? Do you know the words to Khe Sahn? nope
18. What is your favourite public holiday? If you're in Victoria, which do you prefer? The day off before the AFL Grand Final or Melbourne Cup Day? I like holidays! I am not familiar with these.
19. What do you do at Christmas? Ham sandwich on the beach? Seafood and salad next to the pool? Endure a full English roast with all the trimmings when the thermometer is pushing 35 degrees centigrade outside? Turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes/gravy, hot rolls, deviled eggs and of course pumpkin pie and pecan pie. It is cold here.
20. Ford or Holden? Ford since I have owned one.
21. What is the best Australian invention ever? (And yes, the Hills Hoist can be mentioned)
22. Describe the following: I have never had any of these.
23. What are the following traditional items found in all Australian homes? no clue
24. Who is your all time Australian hero? hero? Can I say the Pastor of Hillsong? I like him. Pastor Brian Houston. He has visited my church too.
25. Translate the following: “Strewth! Nev was going flat out like a lizard drinking. But he had a nana nap and he's raring. Told him to get here pronto by not to miss the gate cos it’s impossible to chuck a u-ey for miles. Told him to bring a slab. We’ll have a barby. The kiddies can have snags. Joe the Pom will moan about everything. Jeez, he’s a bastard. Yeah…nah… no flies on him. “ Uh...this is English? Someone is getting to a Bar-b-que in a hurry? I have no idea...so sorry Pandora.
26. What is your favourite Australian holiday spot? I've never been. :(
27. Do you eat the coat of arms? I think not.
28. You are stuck in a lift with the following: Karl Stefanovic, Peter Dutton and Alan Jones. Who do you kill last? Kill???
29. What is the NBN? newschannel?
30. “Where the bloody hell are you?” Discuss. in my living room answering these questions.
31. Complete the following sayings. I don't know these sayings.
Am I ever going to see your face again? ..................................................
You're terrible, ...........................!
Coupla days, ...............................
32. Potato scallops or potato cakes? they both sound good, probably not what I think they are...hahahaha
33. Provide three uses for cane toads. never heard of them
34. If you give a politician a koala to cuddle, what is the likely outcome? I do not know, but I would like to cuddle a koala.
35. Bagpipes are perfectly at home in rock songs. Discuss. whaaa?
36. What is a Tim Tam Slam? no idea?
37. If I ask for a FruChoc, where am I from? What are FruChocs? I don't know the answer to either question.
Sorry Pandora, I did not do very well. I do not believe I answered any correctly.
In other news. Happy Veteran's Day to those who have served or who have family that has served. We are so thankful for your service.
In the USA, Veterans Day annually falls on November 11. This day is the anniversary of the signing of the armistice, which ended the World War I hostilities between the Allied nations and Germany in 1918. Veterans are thanked for their services to the United States on Veterans Day.