Pages

Saturday, March 23, 2019

Sunday Stealing- Thought Provoking Questions, Part 1


https://sundaystealing.blogspot.com/





1. When was the last time you tried something new?  Last Friday when my friend and I went out to eat at the Tea House.  I tried that restaurant for the first time and I tried their coconut cake for the first time!  I have been thinking about it ever since.

2.
Who do you sometimes compare yourself to?  The people I work with...am I doing as good of a job as them...am I doing my part.

3.
What’s the most sensible thing you’ve ever heard someone say?  Learn to say no.

4.
What gets you excited about life?  When I get to do things I want to do.  I am so busy working and doing things for my mom or Josh that I do not do things for myself very often.  When I went out with my friend to lunch...my mom called my house 3 times looking for me and then when I called her back she told me I could have come to her house to visit her instead. :/  I love to do things with her and I visit her every Friday, but if I plan something for myself I can never enjoy myself.  She goes out with her friends, so I do not really feel sorry for her.

5.
What life lesson did you learn the hard way?  One decision can change your whole life path.  It can be exciting too though.

6.
What do you wish you spent more time doing five years ago?  Taking care of myself and getting Josh to the doctor sooner.

7.
Do you ask enough questions or do you settle for what you know?  HA!  I ask so many questions!

8.
Who do you love and what are you doing about it?  My family.  I tell them and I show them.

9.
What’s a belief that you hold with which many people disagree?  My belief in Jesus Christ.

10.
What can you do today that you were not capable of a year ago?  cooking different items, my co-workers teach me things all of the time.

11.
Do you think crying is a sign of weakness or strength?  strength, this is how I release emotion.

12.
What would you do differently if you knew nobody would judge you?  not sure, I just do what I feel and let people judge away.

13.
Do you celebrate the things you do have?  I think so.

14.
What is the difference between living and existing?  taking chances

15.
If not now, then when? God's timing

16.
Have you done anything lately worth remembering?  I had a fun day with my friend out eating lunch and shopping.

17.
What does your joy look like today?  my son

18.
Is it possible to lie without saying a word?  yes

19.
If you had a friend who spoke to you in the same way that you sometimes speak to yourself, how long would you allow this person to be your friend?  We are all so critical of ourselves.  I would not want to be friends with someone who is as hard as I am on myself.

20.
Which activities make you lose track of time?  Facebook and YouTube


10 comments:

  1. Family can really put us through it. You do well by your mom...don't let her steal your fun! You have to take care of yourself if you're taking care of anyone else or you will burn out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all your answers... its so hard when you are out having fun when others want you to be with just them. You have to do things that make you happy, so you don't get burnt out!! I am with you on #19... I am my worst critic. Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lori, Loved reading your answers especially #9 and #17. Neither one of us mentioned baseball in #20 LOL. Have a blessed Sunday dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thoughtful answers. It's hard, as a teacher, not to compare. After 20 years, I don't anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoyed reading your thoughts!
    I like the one about your joy :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some of these were hard!! You answered them well! Wishing you a good week ahead, Lori!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Forgot all about losing track of time via YouTube. My Achilles' heel.

    Lately I've been watching the channel of a woman and her now-just-turned four years of age son. There is a one year old son and the husband (whom we never see and rarely hear) is the cameraman.

    They go to train museums (she is uper knowledgeable and rattles off model numbers of the locomotives) and interactive places for children like Thomas The Tank Engine Land or the opening of the Hello Kitty train. And there are the unboxings. She and her son will have a dozen Plarail Thomas The Tank Engine And Friends train sets and fill their living room with tracks and accessories. But she gets over a million hits on some of her videos so YouTube is paying for it. In fact, her channel is so successful YouTube invited her to their headquarters where she was presented with a personalized conductor's uniform for her own fictional train line!

    Then the next episode she will be pushing the baby stroller with the older son skipping alongside as they set out on another adventure. Too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your answer to #14 is very wise.

    ReplyDelete
  9. #7 -- Good for you! Keep questioning.

    ReplyDelete
  10. "One decision can change your whole life path." That's deep. Great wisdom.
    Have a happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog! You are always welcome here. I love Comments, so let me know you were here.