Pages

Friday, May 3, 2019

Saturday 9- Don't Envy Me

http://samanthasaturday9.blogspot.com/


Saturday 9: Don't Envy Me (1963)
 
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) What is it about you that you believe your friends and acquaintances envy?  I don't really think anyone envies me.

2) Do you have a friend or acquaintance that you envy?  Not really.

3) This song was not a hit, even though it was written and produced by the supersuccessful team of Burt Bacharach and Hal David. Tell us about a project you had great confidence in at the beginning, but didn't turn out as well as you'd hoped.  This one is hard.  I guess maybe a lesson for class....it happens...you put together what you think is a great lesson plan and it just does not work out.  It also happens that you teach something that you do not think will be any big deal and it turns into a GREAT lesson. 

4) George Hamilton is better known as an actor. He is proud of his performance in the 1960 movie Light in the Piazza. He played an Italian who romances an American girl on holiday in Florence. Did you ever find love while vacationing?  no, I never went on vacation when I was single.

5) George had a small part in Godfather III. How many of the Godfather movies have you seen? Have you read the book?  I think I saw all of the Godfather movies.  I remember watching a marathon of them.  I have never read the book.


6) He's gotten a lot of publicity over the years for his personal life, including his 1966 romance with First Daughter Lynda Bird Johnson. At the time, she was living in the White House. Tell us about a memorable experience you had "meeting the parents."  My husband's family is a lot different than me.  I am pretty reserved and proper.  I met them all at a Christmas gathering.  They were all very nice, but by the end of the evening they were all talking about sex.  It made me uncomfortable.  I still am not real comfortable around them.

7) George is also known for his year-round tan. Have you ever used a tanning bed? Or self tanner?  I have used both.  Not at the same time of course, but at different times in my life.  I do not use either anymore.

8) In 1963, when this record was released, President Kennedy made a historic trip to Ireland. Have you ever visited the land of your ancestors?  I am adopted, so I do not know what that land would be...but I haven't visited it unless I am native american....hahahaha

9) Random question -- The last of a batch of delicious chocolate chip cookies just fell on your kitchen floor. Would you eat it?  no

http://gloriafiles.bravehost.com/
 

14 comments:

  1. Hi Lori, Enjoyed your answers I love learning new things about you like in #8. I have mine going online in 45 minutes. Have a blessed day ahead dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know what I admire about YOU? You'd throw that cookie away! It's the right answer, I know, but I'd snarf it down anyway. I don't have your commonsense or discipline.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Saturday Lori! I really enjoyed reading your answers. I don't think anyone can really know where they care "from" as ancestors moved around a lot. How could anyone really know for sure?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sex talk with strangers would be off-putting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES!!!! Thank-you for saying that. I thought it was so weird since we were not even married yet. Inappropriate.

      Delete
  5. #6, why would anyone want to ruin a Christmas gathering talking about sex... sorry you had to endure that! We had very similar answers to a few of this week's questions. Have a great Saturday!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They ruin a lot of Christmas gatherings. We have had to leave several.

      Delete
  6. I liked your answer about teaching lessons..I know waht you mean., YOU can plan and prepare something you think will be awesome and it will fail miserable, but so something off the cuff and whammo.. it is a hit!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry you have to endure your in-laws, who must be somewhat barbarian. I do believe you are the only person who threw the cookie away! LOL Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is so hard when you are very different from the in-laws. It probably goes both ways. I envy you your always sunny and positive attitude!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I admire your modesty. And your friendliness, and devotion to your family. And that you don't eat a cookie from the floor. Lol!
    You have a great week, and I hope all your lesson plans meet with great success!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wonder if you're the only one who doesn't eat the cookies . . .

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, that would be a difficult conversation. Not something that would happen with my father's family, or Walt's family, but my mther's family was pretty free wheeling, so I was used to it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am asked to teach a class (just one class,not the whole semester) for social workers and it is so rewarding seeing how you made a difference in someone's life

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog! You are always welcome here. I love Comments, so let me know you were here.