Pages

Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Wednesday Medley- NATIONAL ROAD TRIP DAY

http://tdorsaneo.blogspot.com/

National Road Trip Day - Friday Before Memorial Day

NATIONAL ROAD TRIP DAY

1.  Have you ever done a spur-of-the-moment road trip?  Where did it take you?  Oh yes, I do this to my poor husband on occasion.  The last time  I decided we needed to go for a trip we went to the capital of Missouri Jefferson City and we also went to The Lake of the Ozarks.  It was a fun day.  I am mostly spontaneous for day trips.

2.  If time and money wasn't an issue, what roads would you choose to travel and how long would you be gone?  I do not know what roads.  We did a road trip down Route 66 for a while...another day trip we did.  I would want to visit all over the United States, it is so beautiful and I would want to see as much as I could.

3.  When you go on a long road trip, what snacks and beverages do you take?  Do you pack a picnic? Does the back seat turn into a nest?   We pack a ice cooler of different drinks.  We also take different types of snacks and they are not typically the same from trip to trip.

4.  Please tell us about something interesting or strange you have seen on the side of the road.  More on the strange side are the adult arcades and adult movie rental places.  Not sure what goes on in an adult arcade...sounds so gross.

5.  Who does the driving when you head out in the car?  Do you stop in the rest areas along our Interstate highways when you have to use the facilities, or do you choose a fast-food restaurant or gas station instead?  Not TMI... inquiring minds want to know!  My husband drives.  We mostly stop at gas stations or fast food places, but we have had to stop at rest areas before too.

6.  Please share something with us about your week so far.  This is the last week of school and today was our last day with kids.  I hate the last day with kids.  It is always so sad for me.  I love summer though, so I am looking forward to that.  Thursday will be our last day we have to work.  We are packing up our classrooms.  We also had yet another tornado warning today and had to take our kids to safety.  They did great.  They did not act scared at all.  They probably did not know what was going on.  I teach preschool.

3 comments:

  1. As ever, I love your sentiments about your students … I'm sure they're blessed by your caring heart. Oh, were I more spontaneous! I agree, the 'adult arcades' sound gross … lots of (I assume) unhappy souls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adult arcades...yuck! Happy last week of school! While you will miss ekiddos... you will have a fun filled summer I am sure!! happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad those places are banned in most areas here, though there are a few girly places. My sister teaches 3rd grade and hates to see them move on too. She has almost 40 years teaching and has a couple of grandkids in her class of "kids" she taught when she first started teaching. Yikes! Thanks for joining the medley today!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog! You are always welcome here. I love Comments, so let me know you were here.