Pages

Wednesday, June 26, 2019

just as regular update

https://bookpage.com/reviews/6719-fannie-flagg-i-still-dream-about-you-fiction#.XRKpdv57nIUI am going to go away from the meme's today and just make a normal post.  My summer is going way too fast, but I am having such a nice break.  Josh and I have been watching old movies and he picked out some books for me to read.  I finished The All Girl Filling Station's Last Reunion by Fannie Flagg last week and I started I Still Dream About You also by Fannie Flagg.  I am currently still reading this one and I plan to check out The Secret To Hummingbird Cake by Celeste Fletcher Mchale next.  I am really enjoying reading.  Many of my blogging friends recommended books and I have been checking the library for them.  Josh had the Fannie Flagg books, so I started with those.  I love them.
It has been a year since Josh was diagnosed with his depression and anxiety and he really wasn't getting much relief until about a month ago.  The doctor finally got a good medication combination for him and he seems to be doing a little better.  He is volunteering at the library.  He puts away books and sets up for events.  He likes it.  I just thought this might be a step in the right direction for getting a job some day.  We are taking it slow and we will see what happens.  He is liking it for now though.
Today I met up with my co-workers and we went to eat at this little tea house called The Spring Creek Tea Room.  They have the best desserts I have ever had in my life.  I had the chicken salad Croissant sandwich, chips and a house salad with homemade ranch dressing and coconut cream pie for dessert. I was excited about it!  It is hard to get in there, so we made a reservation for noon.  We had a great time and then afterwards went to a little clothing boutique.  It was super cute too.
Thursday I go to my doctor for a check-up and blood work.  I always get nervous about blood work, not them doing it, just what it might turn up.  I will keep you posted.
We also took a trip to Arkansas a few weeks ago and we are planning to go again soon with Josh this time.  We want to go see Crystal Bridges Museum in Bentonville and The Great Passion Play in Eureka Springs.  Those will be separate trips.
Well, that is all I can think of.  One of my friends was asking about Josh and I realized I have mostly been making meme posts and not writing about what is going on with me currently.  So here it is.  Have a great day!


5 comments:

  1. Pray things go well for Josh on his new medication. Glad he is liking working at the library. Hope you all have a good trip back to Arkansas.
    Enjoy your reading and keep us posted on what is going on in your life!
    Sending my hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Fannie Flagg's books!

    I have read Educated, here's a link to my blog post about it. https://www.kwizgiver.com/2018/08/finished-reading.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you Kwiz!!! That was all so interesting! I may have to read it!

      Delete
  3. Nice to catch up with what you've been up to! The tea room sounds lovely! Today's Medley was kind of a wash, I know. Keep us posted about Josh, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Years after watching Mary Ann make cocoanut cream pies for Gilligan on 「Gilligan's Island」finally had the opportunity at a restaurant while on a business trip.

    Why did I wait so long? Simply delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog! You are always welcome here. I love Comments, so let me know you were here.