Pages

Friday, June 14, 2019

Saturday 9- I Learned from You

http://samanthasaturday9.blogspot.com/

I Learned from You

Saturday 9: I Learned from You (2007)
... Because it's Father's Day weekend.
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) This song is a duet by the father/daughter team, Miley and Billy Ray Cyrus. Is your family musically inclined?  no

2) This song is about life lessons. Who has been a major influence on your life?  My dad!  He passed away 2 years ago this month.  I did get to spend that one last Father's Day with him though.  I miss him so much.
 

3) Miley's given name is "Destiny." Her nickname as a baby was "Smiley," which is where Miley came from. What's something that can always be depended upon to make you smile?  My son Josh
  picture ---->>> 

4) Miley's father, country singer Billy Ray Cyrus, has 5 children in addition to Miley (6 in all). Are you the oldest, the middle or the youngest sibling? Or are you an only child?  I am an only child.

5) Sam's own father often traveled for business, and always remembered to bring her the little complimentary soaps, shampoos or body lotion he got from the hotel. Tell us about an inexpensive but treasured souvenir from a trip you've taken.  I pick up key rings and beach towels on my adventures.  I do have shells from the beach too.

6) Back when Sam was in high school, it was her father who gave her driving lessons. Are you patient when teaching someone something new?  Yes

7) Sam's father is easy to buy for: every year he wants a new pair of loafers, so every year for Father's Day she gives him a DSW gift card. Is there anyone on your gift list that you find it easy to buy for?  My husband...he loves sports, so he loves anything having to do with his favorite teams.

8) For family barbecues, Sam's dad dons his "Kiss the Chef" apron and mans the Weber. What's the last thing you cooked on the grill?  Hamburgers and hotdogs.

9) Sam's father satisfies his afternoon sugar craving with an almost endless stream of Butter Rum Lifesavers. When you crave a snack, do you usually reach for something sweet or salty?  sweet...usually chocolate.


11 comments:

  1. I'm an only child as well. Your Josh is so good looking ... Thanks for introducing us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to look into the face of Josh, a fellow movie lover! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love hamburgers cooked on the grill! The last thing I had was pork chops last night.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, hello there Josh! What a handsome young man! It's nice to have a face to go with the stories. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your answer to number 3 and I can certainly see why you would smile about that handsome boy! Chocolate, oh yes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved the pictures. I'm glad you had such a good relationship with your father. Josh is a handsome young man.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was betting to my self that you were chocolate lover, too. SO much in common!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Josh is a handsome young man! Nice to put a face to his name now! I enjoyed your answers today! Wishing you a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your handsome son and you have that same sweet smile, and he certainly looks like you.
    Collecting shells (also rocks) are favorite souvenirs,here, too.
    Have a happy weekend watching favorite shows with your family.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog! You are always welcome here. I love Comments, so let me know you were here.