Pages

Friday, June 7, 2019

Saturday 9- I'm Moving On

http://samanthasaturday9.blogspot.com/


Saturday 9: I'm Moving On (1965)
 
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.


1) In this song, Chyvonne Scott sings that she's sick of her lover's "conniving." Tell us about a time you felt deceived. (It doesn't have to involve romance.)  I try to put things like that out of my mind.  I cannot think of one.  It has happened though.

2) She realizes it's time to move on to another love. What's your favorite love song? Is it about a relationship that's running smoothly? Or is it like "I'm Moving On," about an unhappy love affair?  I am having trouble thinking of one right now, I always had favorites when I was in high school, but I cannot remember the names of them.  I like happy songs.

3) Though Chyvonne Scott enjoyed only limited success as a recording artist, she was very popular in New York clubs. When did you most recently listen to music performed live?  We do not get to do this very often.  I can't even remember!

4) In 2017, this song appeared on a Samsung commercial that poked fun at rival iPhone. Is your cell phone an Apple or Android? How did you choose your phone?  We have Samsung Galaxy phones (android) and my husband went and picked them out many years ago, I wasn't even with him.  I didn't care, I just wanted a smartphone.  Our son has always had an iphone.  He insists on having apple technology.  When we upgrade we keep our Samsung's and he keeps his iphone.

5) Chyvonne is an unusual name. In 1965, when this song was first released, the most popular baby names in the US were Michael and Lisa. Do you have any Michaels or Lisas in your life?  I have a couple of Michael's, but no Lisa's.  There were so many when I was younger, it isn't like those people are not around anymore....I just do not see them anymore.  Even my name (Lori) is not a common name anymore...BUT...there are several Lori's where I work and I just love that.  It makes me sad that my name is not popular anymore.

6) Also in 1965, Winston Churchill died. In researching this week's Sat. 9, Sam discovered a Churchill quote that's new to her: "I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught." Share something interesting that you recently learned.  My son is trying to help me find books.  I am wanting to read some easy, but really good fiction books and he is trying to help.  I like books that are harder to read, but right now, I just want an easy quick read.  If you know of any...drop the title and author in the comments!  I will write them down and look for them.  I really need to read more and I want to read more. I just pick the wrong books.  It needs to capture my attention right away.  Josh also shows me really great older movies.

7) In 1965, one of the most successful movies ever made, The Sound of Music, was released. Have you ever seen it?  Yes, I love it.

8) Lava lamps were already popular in England and Brussels, but in 1965 they were introduced in the US. Do you think lava lamps are cool? I love them, I think they are super relaxing to watch.

9) Random question -- You have to buy something very personal that you find embarrassing. Would you rather pay cash for it, so your identity would be unknown but you'd have to face the cashier? Or order it online, where you could avoid looking anyone in the eye, but you have to share your name and address?  I do not buy anything that embarrassing, so I guess I would buy it in person.  It really does depend on the convenience though, if I am going to have to drive a while for something I will order it online.
 

12 comments:

  1. Morning Lori, Enjoyed your answers. I also did this one even though I really didn't know the singer. In 1965 I had three children My daughter and my twin boys. LOL! Who had to time to keep up with the latest pop singers. Have a blessed day ahead dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about wanting an easy book to read. I get like that sometimes...just wanting sort of a vacation for my mind. LOL Any of Janet Evanovich's books are good for that...the Stephanie Plum books that everyone knows or the newer series of Fox and O'Hare. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recently read a sweet, light book that was both humorous and moving. "The Secret to Hummingbird Cake" takes place in Central Louisiana and written by Celeste Fletcher McHale who also is a Louisiana native. The book is based on a true friendship in her life. I think you might enjoy reading this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Debbie Macomber books.. nice and easy...!
    https://www.google.com/search?gs_ssp=eJzj4tLP1TcwMjczyzM0YAQAE5QCtQ&q=macomber&oq=macomber&aqs=chrome.0.46j0l4.4867j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoyed your answers.
    However, on question #9,
    I never order online.

    https://gloriasretiredlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Personally I can't see buying an iPhone they are way more expensive than a Android... mine was about $200 less than an iPhon

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed The Other Side of the Story by Marian Keyes. It's pretty typical chick-lit, I suppose, but it's set in the United Kingdom, so there were differences in lifestyle I found interesting. It's set in publishing, so that was unique.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Depending on what genre book you want (cozy mystery? light romance? light fiction?) I gotcha covered!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Lori! Because YOU'RE always so cheery, I immediately thought of "Hot Flashes and Cold Lemonade" … authored by another optimist, fellow blogger, Susan. Great beach read, or - as I used to call these 'easy' books, bubble gum for the eyes. It made me laugh out-loud on more than one occasion. And yes, misty-eyed a time or two. Here's the link:
    https://www.amazon.com/Flashes-Lemonade-Susan-Flett-Swiderski/dp/148489071X

    PS - Please let me know if you read it and like it?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kristin Hannah's books are good. When the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens wasn't bad, and it was easy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Lori! I enjoyed reading your answers. I do not have any suggestions for easy-to-read novels, but if you are ever in the market for educational administration articles, I can hook you up ;) Have a blessed Sunday, friend! <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your answer to #2 is interesting as when I tried to answer it I was stuck for a while. Seems like we have favorite songs but when we are asked what they are the mind goes blank!
    Enjoyed reading your answers. Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog! You are always welcome here. I love Comments, so let me know you were here.