Pages

Saturday, October 5, 2019

Saturday 9- (Dear Mr. Gable) You Made Me Love You

http://samanthasaturday9.blogspot.com/


(Dear Mr. Gable) You Made Me Love You (1938)

Unfamiliar with this week's song. Hear it here.

 
1) This version of "You Made Me Love You" is the teenaged Judy Garland's fan letter to Clark Gable. Tell us about one of your teen crushes.  Keifer Sutherland was my first teenage crush I believe.  I still have a crush on him and loved him in the show 24 and Designated Survivor.

2) Garland sang to this to Gable at a birthday party thrown for him at MGM. Who is the last person you sang "Happy Birthday" to?  Probably a student at the preschool.

3) Thinking of birthdays ... Judy received an engagement ring from the man who would be her first husband, David Rose, for her 18th birthday. Are you wearing a ring, or any jewelry, as you answer these 9 questions?  I just got up, so I have on no jewelry.

4) It's said Judy's favorite dish was steak and kidney pie. If you could have anything at all for dinner tonight, what would you choose?   Maybe Mexican, Josh does not like Mexican food, so I do not get to eat it very often.


5) Judy was ambidextrous, writing with her left hand but playing tennis with her right. Are you equally comfortable using your right and left hands? not at all, I am right hand dominant.  My left hand helps me do a lot of things, but my right hand does most of the work.

6) To relax between takes of her most famous movie, The Wizard of Oz, Judy read comics in the newspaper. Do you still read a printed newspaper?  I have never read the newspaper much and now that there is computer, I read the news online or watch it.  I miss out on a lot of local things that go on.

7) She could also knit. Judy was known to make blankets and caps for the children of crew members on her films. Do you knit? no

8) In 1938, when this record was popular, the March of Dimes founded. Do you have any dimes in your wallet (or pocket) right now?  yes, in my wallet


9) Random question: Catsup puddle next to your fries, or a drizzle of catsup on your fries?  puddle

10 comments:

  1. I, too, loved Kiefer on 24. What a wonderful show tht was... I never got into Designated Survivor! Enjoy your weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm like Josh. I'm the one who stops everybody else from going out for Mexican. I guess that makes me a spoilsport, huh? (I have a sensitive stomach.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I puddle the ketchup too! LOL Fun questions today! Happy Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm drawing a blank on what Keifer Sutherland was in back in our teen years. Somehow he was never on my radar. I'm wondering how that happened?? Wasn't he sort of loosely associated with the Brat Pack?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. List Boys, Young Guns. 🥰🥰♥️

      Delete
    2. Lost Boys...my correct does not want to accept that.

      Delete
    3. Don't you just love autocorrect? Makes life so much more difficult.

      www.wednesdaymedley.blogspot.com

      Delete
  5. I forgot how much I liked Keifer Sutherland when we were teens! He was so good at being bad!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lori, I'm ambidextrous and use both hands for everything :) The only time I use ketchup is on a hotdog. Enjoyed your answers my friend. Have a blessed weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Keifer Sutherland has been wonderful in “Designated Survivor”! I also loved his character in 24. I’m left handed but can write and draw with both hands, as well as other skills, like handed knitting and guitar.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog! You are always welcome here. I love Comments, so let me know you were here.