Pages

Friday, October 11, 2019

Saturday 9- Live Like You Were Dying

http://samanthasaturday9.blogspot.com/


Live Like You Were Dying (2003)

Unfamiliar with this week's song. Hear it here.

 
1) This song is about a man whose father advises him to live life to the fullest, to become "the friend you'd like to have." How about you? Are you the friend you'd like to have?  Yes.  I think so.  I give people space, but still enjoy going out with friends sometimes.  I am kind, honest and stick up for my friends.


2) The song lists several "bucket list" items: skydiving, mountain climbing, riding a bull. Have you done any of those things? Would you like to?  I do not want to do any of those things.  I just would like to travel more for my bucket list.

3) In the music video, Tim McGraw is wearing a white button-down shirt, blue jeans and a cowboy hat. Which of those items is in your wardrobe?  blue jeans


4) He wears a cowboy hat because he is embarrassed by the size of his forehead. When you wear a hat, are you more likely doing it for style, like Tim, or for protection from the elements?  I only wear a hat on hat day at school (for style) or at a ball game (protection from the elements).  They make my head itch.

5) McGraw's biological father was Tug McGraw, pitcher for the Mets and Phillies. How did your baseball team do this season?  We are still alive for the second round of the playoffs.  St. Louis Cardinals.

 

6) Tim McGraw and wife Faith Hill live just outside of Nashville. They enjoy inviting friends over to sit around a bonfire, drinking beer and playing guitars. Tell us about the most recent gettogether you had with friends.  I mostly get together with my girlfriends.  I think it was over the summer when we went to the tea house and then went shopping.  We work together, so we see each other everyday.  We do not go out that often.

7) Tim likes his tattoos. He admits his silliest one -- a leprechaun wearing a cowboy hat -- was acquired during a night of drinking. Do you have a tattoo? If so, are you glad you have it and would you get it again?  I do not have tattoos and do not want any for myself.

8) In 2003, when this song was popular, the supersonic Concord took its last flight. When did you most recently board a plane? What was your destination?  I have never flown in a plane.  We always drive when we go somewhere.  We get to see so much more that way.  We rarely travel though.

 
9) Random question: When did you last walk around the house naked?  I do not do that now at all, but over 20 years ago was the last...but not much.  I always have my clothes on and shoes when I am awake.


15 comments:

  1. Oh.. The Cards.. I wonder if Gal’s Cubs are in your division, or League, whatever... I know nothing about these things. We could, if the stars align, have a playoff maybe. 😎
    Hats flatten my hair. I don’t like them but better than a burn. Have a lovely Fall weekend, Lori.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cards/Cubs are divisional rivals, they are my favorite games to watch.

      Delete
  2. You've never flown in a plane? I'm not big on flying these days with all the news of aging fleets and careless crews and such, but you should go once. It is so amazing to look down on it all or fly through the clouds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ♪ ♫ I'm on the top of the world lookin' down on creation
      And the only explanation I can find ♫
      ♪ Is the love that I've found ever since you've been around
      Your love's put me at the top of the world ♫ ♪

      Delete
    2. I sang that song to my kids when they were babies and I sing it to my grandchildren when they are babies. :)

      Delete
  3. I am aware, of course, that the Cardinals have progressed but I can't watch. I visited my nephew at college during the last week of the season, those last Cubs/Cards game, and I was just heartsick. We've lost our manager already ... Players are about to be traded ... I am obsessing. I have to go cold turkey! (But I hope Yadi has a good play off. He's a grand old man, and "Yadier Molina" is such a fun name to say!)

    I'm with you on #7. No interest in tattoos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was sad about your manager, I thought he was really good for the Cubs. I hope the off season goes well for you all.

      Delete
  4. I am not a big fan of tats either; I remember my uncles tats when he was 80, they were all wrinkled.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you can fulfil all of yuur travel dreams. But you know, I am just about more afraind driving than flying Everyone we see on the interstate from Va to Boston is on their phone.. texting, reading playing games.. and then there are all those semis on the road...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used be a frequent flyer, then I had pulmonary emboli and couldn't fly for several years--now it's just far too much hassle.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sadly, I have no blue jeans and have not for about 30 years.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish I had traveled more when I was young. Now my health is not so great. It's difficult. My loss.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I prefer to drive places as well, because yeah, you do see much more.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fun questions this week! Enjoyed your answers!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog! You are always welcome here. I love Comments, so let me know you were here.