Pages

Friday, November 8, 2019

Saturday 9- Heart to Heart

http://samanthasaturday9.blogspot.com/




Heart to Heart (1982)

Unfamiliar with this week's song. Hear it here.


1) With whom did you most recently have a "heart-to-heart" talk?  My husband, we had a couple this week.

2) When this song was on the charts, audiences were tuning in to a TV show called Hart to Hart. Are you familiar with it?  Yes, but I can just barely remember it.

3) In the music video, Kenny Loggins plays an illustrator. It’s said that the hardest thing to draw is a straight line, because all the joints in your hand have to work together in sync. Can you draw a straight line, without the aid of a ruler or a straight edge?  I have been told I draw good straight lines.

4) This video also prominently features teddy bears. A 2018 article in the NY Post estimates that 4 in 10 adults has a plush toy of his/her own. Are you one of the 40%?  I used to have some around, but I think at one point I thought I was too old, so I put them away.  I can't say I need them back out.

5) Kenny Loggins performed in a tribute to Aretha Franklin at Carnegie Hall. Do you have a favorite Aretha Franklin song? I love so many of her songs, my favorite has to be Respect.

6) Kenny cowrote this song with Michael McDonald of the Doobie Brothers. You can also hear Michael on the background vocals. Do you have a favorite Doobie Brothers song?  Listen to the Music  

7) The third cowriter is David Foster. 1982 was a big year for Foster, since Chicago had a big hit with another of his compositions, “Hard to Say I’m Sorry.” Do you have a favorite Chicago song?  Hard to Say I'm Sorry.

8) In 1982, when this song was popular, Tylenol capsules laced with cyanide killed 7 people in Chicago. In response, tamper-proof packaging was introduced. What’s the last thing you opened that required you break a seal? Flonase

9) Random question – You’re having a party. Which guest annoys you most: the one who arrives 20 minutes early, or the one who shows up 20 minutes late?  I don't usually care anymore, but when Josh was little we would have birthday parties and I have a sister-in-law that is late to everything.  I do not mind, but my mother-in-law wanted me to wait for her to get there...I said no.  So because of that I will say late.  I kind of like it when people come and go though.

17 comments:

  1. Fun questions this week and some very good music mentioned! I enjoyed your answers, Lori! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. #9 -- Was it hard for your son to have to wait for his party to start?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not wait. We had kids there that were ready to start the party. He was like 3 years old.

      Delete
  3. I would not have waited for her either. It was not her party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Listen to the Music was just one of so many great songs by the Doobie Brothers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great answers... I couldnt make it without my flonase!! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the songs you chose!!! (I'm so sorry about your beloved corgi.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you. It has been a very difficult week.

      Delete
  7. Nope, I agree, you can't wait when its a child's party. You start on time for them.
    Happy Saturday!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoyed your answers and I agree, R-E-S-P-E-C-T is the song, smiles. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I misread your first response. When you said you'd have "a couple" I first thought, "swingers" which I knew was right, but it cracked me up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I meant "wasn't right". I keep digging this hole. I'll leave now. By everybody!!

      Delete
    2. Haaaaaaahahahaha, that is so funny! Thanks for visiting and making me laugh!

      Delete
  10. Heart-to-hearts with spouses can be difficult. I hope yours wasn't. RESPECT is THE Aretha song, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My husband has a couple of sisters who are like your mother-in-law was. They wanted me to change when I hosted Christmas one year so our niece's husband could come. I gave in and then my own son and his family couldn't be here...and the niece's husband never showed. Grrrr. So, anyway, I say good for you telling your mother-in-law "NO."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She tried to push me around when we first got married a lot...I have told her no so many times. I do not think she was used to it. Anyway, she doesn't bother me much anymore.

      Delete
  12. I don't wait for late comers, either. They get what they get if they are late. Most of our get-togethers are now pot-lucks so very easy going time lines.
    CountryDew nailed that #1.
    Sorry about your doggie. We are facing this...it's hard,as you know.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog! You are always welcome here. I love Comments, so let me know you were here.