Pages

Friday, December 20, 2019

Saturday 9: Happy Holidays!

http://samanthasaturday9.blogspot.com/



Saturday 9: Happy Holidays! (from the archives)


1. As you can see, Sam loved giving her annual wish list to Santa. Yet some children are reluctant to climb into Jolly Old St. Nick's lap. Did you enjoy the tradition or were you shy? Or did you by pass it altogether -- either because you wrote him a letter or because your family didn't celebrate Christmas?  I enjoyed Santa, but I was also shy, I do not remember getting to see Santa very often, but it may be because we lived so far away from where a Santa was.  I do remember writing letters when I was old enough.

2. Are you currently on the Naughty or Nice list? How did you get there?  Nice!  I am always on the nice list because I am a good girl.

  
3. Did you ship any gifts to friends and family this year? If so, which one traveled the farthest?  I did not ship anything.  Everything will be given in person.

4. Did you buy yourself a gift this year? yes, of course!  My husband and I do not really exchange gifts because we spend most of our money on Josh and my mom....so we each get something for ourselves.

5. What's your favorite holiday-themed movie? Have you seen it yet this year?  It's A Wonderful Life...and yes, I watched it last weekend.

6. Thinking of movies, Christmas is lucrative for Hollywood. Have you ever gone to a movie theater on Christmas Day?  I went once with my cousin when I was younger and then Karl, Josh and I tried to go several years ago, but it was too busy.  There were people everywhere.

7. Have you ever suffered an embarrassing moment at the company Christmas party?  no

8. What's your favorite beverage in cold weather? hot chocolate

9. Share a memory from last Christmas.  Last Christmas we went to Nutcracker.  We took my mom with us.  This year in January we are taking her to see Les Miserables.  She has never seen a musical, so I hope she likes it.

10 comments:

  1. My Sat 9 goes up in a bit. I don't recall seeing Santa much as a kid either. I bet she loves Les Miserables! Nice Christmas memories I think. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so surprised by how busy the theater was when we went to a movie on Christmas Day. It kind of made me sad that there were that many people who didn't have family get-togethers or family or whatever led them to the theater on Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, they could be like us -- we won't have our family get together (14 of us) until the 28th because that's the only day they could all be here. So maybe they aren't all sad stories.

      Delete
  3. I haven't seen It's a Wonderful Life this year! Remember when it was on *constantly.* About 10 years ago, I guess. My favorite uncle and I would play this Christmas Eve game he made up -- "It's a Wonderful Life Roulette." He'd find it on cable, and whichever one of us could pick up the dialog verbatim would win. I'll always remember that fiendish gleam in his eye as he'd reach for the remote and call, "Ready, Gal?"

    ReplyDelete
  4. OHHHHHHHHHHHH I want to see that musical in person!! I saw it on film (not the movie, the play on Broadway). Please keep us updated how it is. Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you have a wonderful happy Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We took my mother-in-law to see Mannheim Steamroller one year. I never did not know if she liked it or not. Have a wonderful holiday and enjoy your time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a Wonderful Christmas, Lori. I hope your Mom enjoys her first time at the theater, and “Les Miserables”. The music in the film is quite beautifully scored.
    Enjoyed reading your naughty or nice answer as well as your whole post.
    Merry Christmas, Lori!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun questions again this week! We are BOTH nice!! LOL I wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. When we went to the movies on Christmas it was mobbed and so was the Chinese restaurant.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog! You are always welcome here. I love Comments, so let me know you were here.