Pages

Saturday, March 28, 2020

Saturday 9- Everybody's Somebody's Fool

http://samanthasaturday9.blogspot.com/

 

 Saturday 9: Everybody's Somebody's Fool (1960)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

None of this week's questions mention the corona virus. However, if you want to share how you're feeling about Covid-19 at this extraordinary time, please feel free to do so.

1) Next Wednesday is April Fool's Day. Do you have any pranks planned? Do you expect to fall victim to any April Fool's Day mischief?  I do not like April Fool's Day.  I have no pranks planned.

2) When she was a kid, Crazy Sam would fool her mom by putting bubble wrap under the bath map so there would be a POP! when her mother stepped on it. When you encounter bubble wrap, do you always indulge in a pop or two?  I don't typically pop any of them.

3) While we're using this song to celebrate April Fool's Day, it was written about another subject entirely: heartbreak. The lyrics tell us that at some point, we each get our hearts broken by someone who doesn't love us as much as we love them. Do you think that's true?  I do not know if that is true for everyone, but it was true for me.

4) In 1962, this week's featured Connie Francis published a book aimed at teens called For Every Young Heart. It addressed topics like going steady and schoolwork vs. social life. Do you ever read advice columns or self-help books?  no

5) Connie Francis can play the accordion. Sam has never met anyone adept at this complicated instrument -- not even in her high school band. What about you? Do you play the accordion, or do you know anyone who can?  I do not.

6) In 1960, when this record was popular, Harper Lee's classic To Kill a Mockingbird was published. Have you read it?  Oh yes, I read it when I was in high school.  I loved it.

7) Also in 1960, one of Life magazine's best-selling issues had Sophia Loren on the cover. At that time, she was an international film star and considered one of the world's most beautiful women. Who do you consider one of 2020's most beautiful women?  I 
am not sure, but Alicia Keys comes to mind. I love how is looks so natural.  She also seems very kind.

8) A 1960 issue of Vogue acknowledged how expensive it had become to maintain a fashionable wardrobe and asked, "If you were to buy only one thing, what would it be?" If it's good enough for Vogue, it's good enough for Saturday 9: If you could purchase only one new article of clothing for spring 2020, what would you buy?  I am all about comfort, so I do not really care about fashion much.  I would buy new tennis shoes.

9) Random question: When someone makes you really angry, are you more likely to respond with stony silence or a big noise?  stony silence


7 comments:

  1. Wow! I think you are the first one not to pop bubble wrap

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeay, another vote for "no popping" … great minds, LOL. Alicia Keys is a great choice! Have a great day, Lori!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to miss the foolish pranks my kids always try on April 1st.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay, another shoe girl. I don't own that many shoes but I tend to buy expensive sneakers and wear them until I need to replace them. Which is usually about every six months.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been surprised that none of us do the pranks on April Fool's Day. If we're not doing them, where are the kids learning them?? lol
    Alicia Keys is a lovely natural beauty!
    Have a great day, Lori, and be safe! I heard the midwest is supposed to get some wicked storms today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alicia Keys is very pretty and I love her voice! Fun questions! Happy weekend, Lori!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Alicia Keys is a wonderful choice! Talented and wise.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog! You are always welcome here. I love Comments, so let me know you were here.