Pages

Friday, May 29, 2020

Saturday 9- Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey



Saturday 9: Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey (1971)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) The lyrics tell us Paul believes it's going to rain. How's the weather where you are today?  Today it is sunny and in the 70's...perfect weather for me.  I will probably go spend the day outside again.  I did yesterday too.

2) Paul sings that he is sorry because he hasn't "done a bloody thing all day." What do you hope to accomplish this weekend?  Maybe clean the house some, read some.   I want to spend some time outside before it gets hot next week.

3) He also references butter pie, which is made primarily with potatoes (with onions and, of course, butter). That dish is not popular on this side of the Atlantic. Last time you had potatoes, how were they prepared (baked, mashed, hash browned, french fried ...)? hash browned

4) Linda McCartney is credited as co-writer and performer on this recording. Paul and Linda were partners in real life, too; married 29 years, they raised four children together. They often said they tried never to spend more than a few hours apart. Do you enjoy a lot of togetherness, or do you value your personal time? Has your experience with Covid19 and quarantine changed how you feel about this?  I enjoy my personal time.  Nothing has changed.  Karl is still working.  I enjoy when Josh comes out of his room, but he stays in there most of the time.  Josh probably wishes I was at work...hee, hee.  

5) Paul and Linda came from very different backgrounds. His family was lower middle class, lived in Liverpool's public housing and received government aid. She grew up in affluent Scarsdale, the daughter of a wealthy theatrical attorney. Do you think it's more important for a couple to share a common background, or to share common interests?  common interests, there are things Karl likes that I think are so boring and vice versa.  However, we have several common interests that allow us to do things together or have conversations about topics.

6) Paul is known for his work ethic. At age 78, he's still making music and performing live. What's your favorite Paul McCartney song?   Silly Love Songs, but I think my absolute favorites are probably with The Beatles.


7) In 1971, when this song was a hit, Bobby Fischer was the world's most famous and highest-rated chess player. Do you play chess?  no

8) England's Princess Anne turned 21 in 1971. The occasion was commemorated by a formal portrait, taken by celebrated fashion photographer Norman Parkinson. Who took the most recent photo of you?  I believe it was either Josh, or a mom from a drive through birthday party I went to.

9) Random question: Do you find it more satisfying to work with your hands, or your head?  Probably my head.

9 comments:

  1. Don't tell anyone, but sometimes I sing "Silly Love Songs" in the shower. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL on Josh coming out of his room. ("Yep, she's still here....") I'd love to see someone in Hollywood develop a new sitcom featuring families trying to peacefully co-exist while in quarantine. I hope you get a chance to enjoy the outdoors today; already it's too hot and humid for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our pool opened yesterday and I can't wait until my incision is healed enough to allow me to get in the water. We have an aquafit class every morning at 10:00 and I am going to join in as soon as I can. We are in the high 80s here so it is much more comfortable inside now. Have a good weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's pretty nice here today even though its hot, its not humid. I had to look though internet to find Paul McCartney songs and even then there were only a few he did alone. It was hard to find ones he did alone. But there was only one I liked a lot anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought I picked a McCartney song but I didn't. Yours is an awesome choice! Now it's stuck in my head. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay, we chose the same song. It's impossible to frown listening to that song. Hope you are enjoying your day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you have a good head on your shoulders.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lori, I wanted to stop and say hi, I just finished a long post that I felt led to do. Let me know what you think. It is late and I hope what I said made sense. Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog! You are always welcome here. I love Comments, so let me know you were here.