Pages

Friday, June 23, 2017

My dad died

Monday we went to visit my dad and he was the same as every other day.  He ate and he rested.  He seemed comfortable.  The next morning I got a call from my friend Tommy that had gone to visit and he asked how long it was going to take me to get there, that my dad was having trouble breathing.  I went and got Josh up and we went to the nursing home.  It takes 30 minutes to get to the nursing home.  We made it though.  I told my daddy I loved him and that Josh and I were there.  I held his hand and I told him we were all ok.  He had a hard time breathing and started the death rattle around noon.  He passed away at 1:50PM on Tuesday June 20th.  The rest of the day went very fast and is a blur.  I could not sleep very well that night and  got up really early the next morning.  My mom is not dealing very well with any of this.  Josh and I are doing a lot of the memorial planning along with my friend Tommy.  Tommy and I were raised together, so we are like brother and sister.  He went in last week and talked to my dad alone and told him he would look after my mom and me.  He is just a precious friend.  So, it is just a really hard time right now.  I feel like I have nothing positive to write, so I have been kind of quiet on facebook.  I get home super late anyway.  So, the memorial is going to be July 1st at 10AM.  I want it to be so nice and perfect just like my dad.  I am doing my best.  I am so very sad as you can imagine.  Just pray for God's comfort and strength for us right now.  I will update soon.


7 comments:

  1. I know how you feel Lori. I was devastated when my dad died. I actually got counseling with an organization called Grief Share. It helped me a lot because I was so depressed. You are busy with things now but once his service is over, it may really sink in. I will be praying for you and your family. Big hugs and thanks for stopping at my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lori, I'm sure this will v\feel like a blast from the past but I just had to comment on your loss. So sorry for your loss but your Dad is in a better place and is happy with our Lord. Praying for you and your Mom. Hugz!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lori, so glad that I stopped in today. I'm so sorry for your loss. It's so hard. I'm grieving the unexpected loss of my brother - he passed the end of May. I lost my dad when I was 15. I still miss him. I pray that your memories will bring smiles in the coming weeks/months. Cherish them. Praying for you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prayers for you and your family for peace and comfort and much love.... I am sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keeping you and your family in prayer.so sorry for your loss Lori!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry Lori that anonymous post was me, I hit the wrong button.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lori,

    I'm so sorry for you loss. It's so hard. I am so glad you have a wonderful friend to help that you grew up with and is like your brother. Your dad was so precious. God Bless you and your family and especially your mom who must be so broken. Bless her sweet heart. Love and Hugs ~Kat

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog! You are always welcome here. I love Comments, so let me know you were here.