Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) This song is about a young man who is living on his own and doing adult things, like getting his own apartment, eating better and doing his own taxes, but he doesn't yet feel grown up. Do you remember when you felt like a grown up? This is sad, but not until I had my son Josh. I was 27 when he was born. I am a bit of a free spirit. I used to be anyway.
2) He mentions not being sure of his login password. Is this something you struggle with? Or are you able to zip into your accounts? I do not struggle with this. I have them written down if I forget.
3) Both the video and CD cover show the band playing games of chance. What's the last game that you played? Connect Four with the 4th graders last year, but we will be playing games in recess when it gets cold. I need to buy the kids more games.
5) The oldest Met brother, Adam, now lives with his girlfriend in an apartment near Columbia University, where he is a PhD candidate. During the school year, he only works on his music on weekends. Next summer, in 2022, he should be done with his studies and plans on touring the country with the band. Some tour dates are already scheduled. If possible, do you like to make plans far in advance? Or do you prefer spontaneity? I love spontaneity, but if I am planning an expensive trip, I like to be able to plan in advance and find good deals and fun things to do.
6) Jack and Ryan also attend Columbia and share an apartment with their dog. They like to unwind on Fridays, after a week of classes, with a game of air hockey, followed by sushi or sashimi at their favorite Japanese restaurant. What did you do on Friday night? I scheduled Zoom parent/teacher conferences for Monday and emailed the link to the parents. We offered in person and zoom, I had 4 parents want zoom. Monday I will finish up my conferences. I have had three already and I have 15 more to go.
7) In 2020, the year this song was popular, the most streamed TV show was The Office. The show went off the air in 2013, but during the pandemic and quarantine, it found a new audience. What series have you binged on recently? I watched as much as I could of the show One of Us is Lying. I read the book by Karen McManus and the show is really good. It is on Peacock. I will have to purchase to keep watching, but I saw the first three shows, they were free to watch.
8) According to Amazon, the best-selling novel of 2020 was Where the Crawdads Sing. Is there a novel you'd like to recommend to Sat 9ers? People We Meet on Vacation was good by Emily Henry. I actually laughed out loud while reading that one. It is about two best friends and guy and a gal that go on vacation every year since college. They are professionals now one living in New York and one living in their hometown. (This would make a good Hallmark movie). It is romance/fiction/humor. Anyway, it talks about the people that they meet while on their vacations. It is so good. Anyway, something goes wrong and they stop taking vacations together, but the the gal (Poppy) decides to try to convince her friend (Alex) to take just one more vacation together to try to fix their friendship.
9) Random question: Your local drug store has self-check out. You confess to your best friend that you absent-mindedly missed scanning an item, walked out of the store with it, set off security and were caught unintentionally shoplifting. The store manager believed you so there were no repercussions, but you were mortified nevertheless. Would you expect your best friend to share your embarrassing story with his/her spouse? Oh yes, totally. I would be embarrassed, but since it worked out, I would try to laugh it off.