Monday, January 28, 2019
1. Name a TV series show or shows in which you have seen every episode at least twice: I am not huge on watching shows over and over on purpose. I have seen all episodes of several shows, but twice...maybe something like Friends or Little House on the Prairie. Not intentional though just because they are on all of the time.
2. Name a show or shows you can't or would not miss: Victoria, New Amsterdam, The Good Doctor, Blacklist, Manifest, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel.
3. Name an actor or actors that would make you more inclined to watch a show: Tony Shaloub, Keifer Sutherland
4. Name an actor or actors who would make you less likely to watch a show: Rosie O'Donnell and some of the newer SNL comedians. I do not think they are funny at all.
Click my Tuesday 4 Meme Logo above to play along!
Saturday, January 26, 2019
What shows are you into? Blacklist, Suits, New Amsterdam, Manifest, The Good Doctor, A Million Little Things, Victoria
What TV channel doesn’t exist but really should? Maybe something like Hallmark, but it has tv shows instead of movies. I love the idea of Hallmark and no violence, language explicit scenes. I don't have to worry about what I am watching. I would love it if there were more shows like that. They do have a few tv shows and I watch them, but during the week I guess. Shows with morals.
Who has impressed you most with what they’ve accomplished? Probably any inventor that has made something that we are all using.
What age do you wish you could permanently be? maybe 35...not too young to not know things, but young enough to still feel good (no aches and pains) and be able to lose weight easier.
What TV show or movie do you refuse to watch? I will not watch movies/tv shows that have too much bad language or nudity. Suits is really pushing it with language. I hate reality tv and refuse to watch any of that.
What is something that is considered a luxury, but you don’t think you could live without? electricity/water, baths, clothes, car, house...too many things and I am thankful for all I do have.
What’s your claim to fame? I do not really have a claim to fame. I do seem to get most of the children with autism to work with. I enjoy them and I am decent at working with them. At my previous teaching job, they sent all of the children with autism to me because I had so much experience.
What’s something you like to do the old-fashioned way? read a book...hold them in my hands and read them.
What’s your favorite genre of book or movie? I enjoy a mystery or a romance.
How often do you people watch? I watch kids interact everyday, but like out shopping or at the mall, hardly ever.
What have you only recently formed an opinion about? I am not liking the New York abortion thing they passed where you can abort a baby at 9 months.
What are you interested in that most people haven’t heard of? maybe my facebook games I play...song pop and Fashland. They are not a huge part of my life, but I do play them for a little bit to de-stress after work. I am not that stressed anymore though.
What’s the farthest you’ve ever been from home? Kissimmee, Florida...we took our son down several years ago and stayed 2 weeks. It was so much fun.
What is the most heartwarming thing you’ve ever seen? Probably a youtube video about animals or kids.
What is the most annoying question that people ask you? I do not get annoyed by questions too often.
What could you give a 40-minute presentation on with absolutely no preparation? I could talk a long time about my make-up routine and products, essential oils, autism and recently mental health.
If you were dictator of a small island nation, what crazy dictator stuff would you do? I would have people cook for me. I am super nice though, I can't imagine anyone would be too miserable.
What is something you think everyone should do at least once in their lives? Go on a really nice vacation.
Friday, January 25, 2019
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) This week's artist, Jennie Abrahamson, is very happy living in Stockholm, but she refers to Paris as "a flirt." She enjoys her time there so much she always wants to return. Is there a place you've visited that tugs at your heart and imagination, tempting you to return? I have not been many places, but my favorite vacation was to Orange Beach, Alabama...the sun, the dolphins, the condo and the ocean view. It was awesome! I would love to go back.
2) Jennie has said her music has been heavily influenced by 80s pop, which was popular in her early teen years. Are your favorite songs the ones you listened to when you were growing up? I like a lot of different music, but I do find comfort and happiness in the songs from when I was growing up because it takes me back to that time. That would be the 80's for me too. I have a lot of 80's stations programmed in my car.
3) "My Favorite Things" is from The Sound of Music. Crazy Sam's high school claim to fame was playing Sister Margaretta in the senior class production. Though not a big part, her performance lives on because relatives love embarrassing her with pictures of her in an especially unflattering nun's habit. Who took an embarrassing photo of you? What were you doing? not sure. Probably someone in college.
4) The lyrics celebrate "brown paper packages tied up in strings." What was in the last box you received in the mail? I got some body butter from Ulta for my hands, feet and elbows. They are so dry in the winter. This particular package was Soap and Glory body butter. I also love Body Shop body butter.
5) It mentions doorbells and sleighbells. What's the most recent bell or alarm that you heard? I was going to say my alarm clock, but we went on a field trip today at school and there was some weird alarm going off on the bus I had to help turn it off.
6) This song has nice things to say about cold weather, specifically snowflakes and mittens. What do you like about winter? SNOW!!! We got a little snow today...once again, not enough to amount to much. I really would like to have a few snow days.
7) Dog bites and bee stings are singled out as things that can leave us feeling sad. What's most recently given you the blues? I had a bad Monday not too long ago. Some of you may know about it. If you do...I do not have to go to jury duty and Josh's blood work came back normal this last time. His liver enzymes and glucose was off before. I have been happy this week.
8) In 2018, when this song was released, Roger Federer won the Australian Open. Are you good with a racket? I used to enjoy playing tennis when I was in college...I was not good or anything, just something I could actually do. I haven't played in years though.
9) Random question -- Your local zoo announced the hatching of three snowy owlets. All males. You won the honor of naming them. Go ahead. Sarah, Percy and Bill...children's story reference (Owl Babies)... but since they are all boys...maybe Shiver, Chill and Ice.
Wednesday, January 23, 2019
Monday, January 21, 2019
1. If you had one million dollars to spend only on yourself, what would you spend it on? I would buy a new house...a small one, but bigger that what we have and newer. Then I would buy a new car....another Toyota Camry, pay off bills and put the rest in the bank.
2. Do you generally think before you act, or act before you think? I always think first.
3. What's the last song that got stuck in your head? Baby Shark...doo, doo, doo, doo, doo, doo
4. What items couldn't you go without during the day? Blistex, my wallet, hand lotion and gum. I would say my phone, but I have forgotten it several times and I lived. Hahahahahaha. I can't use it at work anyway. I keep lip stuff and lotion at the school and I always have my wallet for my license.
Join us at Tuesday 4! https://mytuesday4meme.blogspot.com/ Thank-you Toni for doing this meme!
Saturday, January 19, 2019
2. How many languages can you speak? really just one (English), but I did take a lot of French classes, Spanish and I know some sign language.
3. What was the last book you read? She Believes by Debbie Lindell
4. Where in the world would you most like to visit? Europe...all of it. I would also like to go to Hawaii.
5. Top 5 fictional characters? Batman, Winnie the Pooh, Jay Gatsby The Great Gatsby), Charlie Brown, Midge Maisel (The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel)
6. Something you miss from your childhood? Family, many have passe away now.
7. What skill do you wish you had? I wish I were more articulate
8. Tell us an interesting fact. I do not really know how to answer this question, so I will just say something about myself. I have 3 dogs! I have a pembroke welsh corgi named Mandy 11 years, a corgi/blue heeler mix named Molly 8 years old and a black lab named Meisha. Meisha found us, she showed up at our doorstep as a little puppy and has been with us ever since. Meisha is 7 years old. I love those crazy dogs like children. There is an eclipse Sunday night...there is a general fact. Hahahaha
9. What was your favourite subject in school? Choir, I could relax and enjoy myself.
10. Favourite planet? Earth, I wish I could visit everywhere, it is truly beautiful.
11. Which historical figure fascinates you and why? I seem to be drawn to the monarchy. I enjoyed learning about Catherine the Great and also Queen Victoria
12. Favourite mythical creature? unicorn
13. Do you believe in any conspiracy theories? not really
14. What is your favourite word? awesome....I say it a lot
15. Do you have any obsessions right now? The Kansas City Chiefs and The St. Louis Cardinals...all of the time.
16. Do you play any instruments? no
17. What’s your worst habit? picking at my cuticles.
18. Do you have a collection of anything? Maybe Christmas ornaments...I had a few collections, but I have thinned them over the years.
19. What’s your biggest ‘what if’? What if I win the lottery? Hee, hee
20. What is your favourite fairy tale? Cinderella
21. Have you ever dyed your hair? Is there a colour you’d like to dye it? I get highlights in my hair, but I do not have all over color.
22. If you could learn one language overnight, which would you choose? Probably sign language would be best for my job teaching kids with special needs.
23. What’s the most useless thing you know how to do? I can remember kid songs and commercials from years ago.
24. What’s the most important change that should be made to your country’s education system? I do not like how the upper grade levels are always having to test the kids....I hate it for the kids. Curriculum is not really a huge problem at the preschool level, but I have seen problems at the K-12 levels. Trust the teachers to teach.
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) The first line of this song is, "I was a car hop." Car hops used to take orders and bring diners food to eat in their cars. Today, the drive through lane has pretty much replaced car hops. Think about the last time you went to a fast food restaurant. Did you order at the counter or at the drive through window? Drive through
2) Mr. Davis sings that his girlfriend was "bad with her pom-poms." Presumably she was a cheerleader. Share one of your school's cheers. We are the Wolves, we are the mighty mighty wolves. Hey, hey, hey, hey. Stand up.*clap, clap*..Be Proud. *clap, clap*...Say your name..*clap, clap*..out loud....WE ARE THE WOLVES!!!! *This cheer is still done and was a cheer when I was cheering in high school years ago.
3) The lyrics tell us he believes that if he could go back in time, his girl would still be his. If you could travel back in time to your high school years, what would you enjoy doing again? What would you do differently? I would enjoy going to the football games and cheering. I wouldn't change a thing. It was a good experience for me.
4) During his performing days, Paul Davis sported a full beard and flowing hair. We're using that to check your powers of observation and recollection. Think of the last man you spoke to. Who was he? Describe his hair, and tell us whether he was clean shaven. My husband is the last man I spoke to since he is right here with me. He has short thick red hair and is cleanly shaven.
5) Paul Davis was born in Meridian, MS, and that's where he returned to when he went into semi-retirement in 1982. Meridian's biggest employer is the Naval Air Station in Meridian. Do you know anyone who is currently in, or employed by, the military? My nephew is in the National Guard. He is employed at the airport as a helicopter mechanic for the military.
6) He was a pool player and a golfer. Which sport are you better at? pool I guess, but I am terrible at both.
7) Sadly, he died in 2008, on the day after his 60th birthday. His best friend remembers him as "a homebody," who enjoyed staying up long into the night with his friends, playing and listening to music. Describe your perfect way to spend an evening. Watching tv with family and relaxing.
8) The publishing rights to "'65 Love Affair," as well as Paul Davis' bigger hits ("Cool Night" and "I Go Crazy"), are owned by another Paul -- Paul McCartney. Sir Paul's MPL Publishing Company has made him a very rich man, and Paul says that's because he chose to invest in music, something he loves. What about you? If you were to invest in a business or industry you love, which would you choose? Education or Animals
9) Random question --You're at a party and one of your host's best friends is a real egghead who tries to draw you into a conversation about paradigmatic counter existentialism. Would you: a) just listen politely while letting your mind wander; b) admit you don't know what the hell he's talking about; c) explain why you personally feel that the counter existential paradigm just adds unnecessary complexity to the individual's search for meaning? A. I would probably listen. I tend to listen to what people have to say. I would probably be so bored with this conversation though.
Wednesday, January 16, 2019
Wednesday, January 16th, is National Do Nothing Day!! National Nothing Day was proposed in 1972 by columnist Harold Pullman Coffin. This day has been observed annually since 1973. Of course, the way to celebrate it is to do nothing!
1. To commemorate Do Nothing Day in SOME way, tell us something about your life (or the life of someone close to you) in 1973!! I was 2 years old in 1973, so I do not really remember much about what I was doing or anyone else. I would love to do nothing today, but I will be at work. Maybe after work I can watch some of my shows and read Wednesday Medley and do nothing that way! :)
2. Now that we are thinking back, please tell us what your favorite past time was as a child. I loved playing with Barbies in my Barbie house my Papa made me when I was inside. If I was outside I loved riding my bike all over the neighborhood.
3. What is the best way to cheer you up on a bad day? I am really not hard to cheer up, just distract me, or bring me a sweet tea.
4. How old were you when you first started dating? Do you remember your first date? I was 16 when I was first allowed to date. I think I went out to dinner and a movie with a boy.
5. Today is also National Fig Newton day. Do you like figs/Fig Newtons? I do like them!
6. Tell us something random about your week. Monday was awful...I was in the shower and looked out on the floor and there was water all over the floor. Long story short, we had roots in our water line and it backed up. There was water coming out of the back of our toilet. It was clear water, but still gross. Both bathrooms were flooded. Karl had to stay home and take care of all of that. I took Josh back to his doctor and they want to change his medicine to one that costs $1500/month...we do have prescription insurance, but holy crap! We did get an update and we will be paying $158 after insurance so not as bad. I hope it works for him. Before I left for work at noon Karl checked the mail and I had a summons for jury duty...I wanted to scream and to top it all off I had to stay late for a meeting at work. Bye Monday. Tuesday and Wednesday were much better!
Monday, January 14, 2019
1. How late did you stay up last night and why? It was about 10:30PM and I couldn't sleep, so more like midnight before I fell asleep.
2. If you could move somewhere else where would you and why? I would really love living by the ocean I think, but I also think I would miss Missouri. It is my home. I probably would never actually leave...but who knows. We never know what life will bring us.
3. Which of your friends lives closest to you? My friend Malinda lives in the same town as me.
4. Who was the last person you took a picture of? Josh (my son).
Saturday, January 12, 2019
2. Unusual food combinations you enjoy. Candy corn and peanuts
3. Your best cure for hiccups. drink water or hold my breath. I do not think either works though.
4. Something you have never done but would like to try. I would just like to travel to new places.
5. A routine you do every day without fail. My whole morning is a routine. If it is different, I will run late.
6. Something new you've recently learned. Our local news station was talking about how the hottest temperature ever recorded was actually in the Earth and not on the Sun or Mercury.
7. Your keenest sense. It used to be my vision, but my eyes are failing me as I age. I think my sense of smell is the most keen now.
8. Whether you prefer cooking or cleaning up. I clean as I cook, it is just part of cooking for me, but I guess I prefer cooking.
9. Where were you the last time you saw the sun rise. Friday, I always see it rising as I drive to work.
10. A recent time you were embarrassed. I am easily embarrassed, but I will go with my mammogram being embarrassing. It was my first one this year. My summer was all kinds of embarrassing with my pap, mammogram and the other doctor's appointments with awkward questions. Hahahahaha, everything was fine though.
11. An everyday sound that delights you. kids laughing or even just talking to each other.
12. The last conversation you had with a stranger. Friday, I was talking to a lady at the Dollar General.
Friday, January 11, 2019
Saturday 9: I Forgot to Remember to Forget (1955)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
In honor of Elvis' birthday (January 8.)
1) Elvis sings that he thinks about this girl all the time. What person or topic is on your mind this Saturday? The weather. It is raining out with possible sleet/snow/ice in the forecast.
2) He wants to forget the day he met his girl, but simply can't. Think about someone very important in your life. Did you know right away that they were going to be influential? My co-worker made a huge first impression on me. She really tries to be a good friend to everyone and never has a bad thing to say about anyone. I did not realize it right away, but it was kind of soon...within the first month or so that she would be influential. She is great.
Since this week's song is about memories, let's check on how well you recall events in your own life.
3) What was the first concert you ever attended? Tammy Wynette. My parents took me along with them when I was a kid. I remember it so well because she sang Stand By Your Man standing next to my dad.
4) Where did you get your first piercing? (Not only where on your body, but who did the deed and where did they do it?) I got my ears pierced and it was at as hair salon, but I have no idea who it was that did it or even where it was. My mom took me. It was not our normal salon.
5) What's the name of the bank where you had your first checking account? It has changed now, I do not remember what it was called then.
6) Tell us about your first bicycle. It was this weird little yellow bike. It was small, but I learned to ride on it and then got a bigger one.
7) Who received the first text you ever sent? I am not sure, but I bet it was my friend Natalie and probably to tell her I could text now. She was always trying to text me and I did not have a phone that texted.
8) What had you been drinking when you suffered your first hangover? Fuzzy Navels....I loved them so much I drank a lot of them and of course got really sick. I cannot even smell them now. This was probably 25 years ago.
9) Whose was the first wedding you ever attended? I will say Max and Carolyn. I was their flower girl and I was about 6 years old.
Wednesday, January 9, 2019
1. It may be a little shocking, but National Static Electricity Day is January 9!! Do you often get shocked often when you touch metal? Here are some things to avoid! I do get shocked a lot! I do most of the things below, I just haven't tried carrying a metal pen. That might help me!
2. There are actually two "National" days worthy of mention! It is also National Law Enforcement Appreciation Day. Our men and women working in many areas of law enforcement put their lives on the line for us daily. Do you know someone working in law enforcement who you can thank today? Well, I might be able to thank our school officer. His name is Officer Sean. He is usually really busy. I have some friends I went to college with that are detectives and such. I am not in contact with them much anymore.
3. At our house right now it is all about football. Joe's Philadelphia Eagles barely won their game on Sunday to move forward in the playoffs and another chance to play in the Super Bowl this year. Do you have a favorite team in the playoffs or does football make you yawn? Is there a Super Bowl party in your future, no matter the teams playing? I am a Kansas City Chiefs fan and we are still in the playoffs, we play the Colts on Saturday. We watch the Superbowl no matter who is in it. I enjoy the commercials and halftime.
4. Speaking of parties, there is always lots of food at parties I attend. Tell us a weird food combination that you really enjoy (or have enjoyed). It doesn't have to be party food. I am not sure if this counts or not, but I love candy corn mixed with peanuts. It tastes like a Payday...yummy!
5. Since we are on games and parties, what game have you spent the most hours playing? Several years ago there was a game on Facebook called Frontierville. I LOVED that game. It got to where it would not load on my computer though and I had to quit playing.
6. Tell us something random about your week so far. I started back to work on Monday, we had a meeting and the kids came back on Tuesday. I wanted to come home all day Monday, but when the kids came back, I was fine. Wednesday, I go get my hair done. I am excited about that. It is really long.