Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
9) Random question: Do you consider yourself old fashioned? maybe a little, but my son Josh is old fashioned. :) I think that is so cool.
Hello and welcome back to Toni Taddeo's Tuesday 4.
1. Spring cleaning is a very old tradition. Some say it began with Passover and removing leaven from the home and the fact that windows begin to be thrown open. What Spring cleaning do you do? I do my deep cleaning when I get out of school in May, so the Spring cleaning is the same as always with exception to the lawn. We start picking up sticks and rocks, sweep, run the leaf blower and start mowing. Then once school is out, I start doing more cleaning where I am throwing things away.
2. Does daylight saving time make any difference in your life for good or bad? This year it made me really tired. It never has before. I love having the longer days once the time changes. I think the more sunlight I get, the happier I am.
3. Do you have a spring reading/watch list or perhaps a 'to do' list? I read a lot during Spring Break. I did have a list of books. Now, I will start planning for summer, which will include more romance books...lighter reading.
4. The "peepers" are back here by the water. There are thousands of this itty bitty frogs(the size of a finger nail) peeping like loud birds.
What signs of spring are showing up in your neck of the woods and what Spring flower is your favorite to see blooming? We have had daffodils and crocus bloom already and the trees are starting to get tiny leaf buds. This is a nice time of Spring...the mosquitoes are not back yet. They start showing up in May and that is when I have to stay inside.
Since Saint Patrick's Day is March 17 it might be nice to talk about it.
1. Do you celebrate the day and is it more secular or religious for you? I wear green, but that is about it.
2. Americans eat corned beef and cabbage but it's not traditional in Ireland at all. In my house its Colcannon and Beef Stew or Cottage pie (shepherds pie made with beef instead of lamb).. which is more realistic and far less salty. Do you make special meals for holidays? What will you make for St. Patrick's Day? I make special meals for some holidays, but not St. Patrick's Day.
3. Do you have much green in your wardrobe? Does the color look good on you? Not really. It was my favorite color in college and I had a lot of Hunter Green clothes/shoes/coats...but I do not have much green now at all.
4. In school we put up giant green shamrocks and Leprechauns. We made green paper chains to decorate our classrooms. What do you do to decorate? I do not decorate my house at all. The kids made shamrocks at school and they are hanging in the hall.
Saturday 9: Wagon Wheel (2013)
2) This piece has solos for each of the main vocal ranges: soprano, alto, tenor, bass. Do you know which range your voice is in? alto
3) Historians tell us Mahler kept fit by swimming and riding his bike along the Alpine trails. What's your favorite form of exercise? I like to walk and lift weights. I haven't done either since covid.
4) Mahler could be difficult to work with because when it came to his music, he was a stickler over even the most minor details and wouldn't give an inch. Would you rather work as part of a team or on your own? I used to like to work by myself, but I am definitely a team person now. I love listening to other ideas and putting together a good plan.
5) This week's featured artist, Leonard Bernstein, said his father didn't want him to pursue music. Instead the elder Bernstein wanted his son to either join the family business (a beauty supply company) or become a rabbi. Did your family try to influence your choice of career? no
6) Bernstein's best-known work is West Side Story. Without looking it up, can you name a song from this beloved Broadway classic? I Feel Pretty
7) Born in Lawrence, MA, Bernstein "went home" when he performed with the Boston Symphony Orchestra at Tanglewood in Lenox, MA. Tanglewood has played host to a variety of musical artists. In 2022, Ringo Starr, Bonnie Raitt, and James Taylor all performed there (with James Taylor scheduled to return this summer, as well). What's the first concert you ever attended? The Beach Boys
8) In 1968, when Bernstein released this album, a sitcom called Mayberry R.F.D. premiered. It was a spin off of the highly successful Andy Griffith Show, which ran from 1960 to 1968 and is still broadcast and streamed today. Were you an Andy Griffith Show fan? YES! Loved it.
9) Random question: When people ask for your advice, what do they usually ask you about? questions about education and how to teach things. Also, teachers handle a lot of behaviors that children exhibit. Sometimes that can be difficult to get right. I get asked strategies to try to handle student behavior also.
Saturday 9: Saturday Night's Alright (1973)
Hi and welcome to Toni Taddeo's Tuesday 4.
Happy Valentine's Day!
$24 billion dollars are spent on Valentines Day gifts! 145 million cards are sent out and the average spent on gifts is $197.50 per person.
1. As a kid did you exchange Valentines at school with the other children? Yes, I had a red and white polka dot box with pink hearts on each side of the box with my name on them.
2. Do you have special traditions for the day or does it pass on without much hoopla? no traditions. Sometimes we will go out to eat.
3 Today is the number one top day for flower and candy gifts. The only other holidays that approach it are Christmas and Chanukah. Do you ever receive candy, jewelry or flowers for the day? Which is your favorite? The kids at school typically give me chocolate and Karl gives me flowers. He got me pink roses this year.
4. Zoos and Pet rescues will name cockroaches or unpleasant animals after your ex and issue you a certificate. They will even write your ex's name in cat litter for you. What do you think of this "tradition"? I think that is a waste of time. I don't think of my ex's.
LAYER 1: Tell us your...
* Eye color: Green
* Hair color: Dark Brown
* Height: 5' 4"
* Righty or lefty: righty
LAYER 2: What's...
* Your heritage: I am adopted, so not sure
* The shoes you wore today: Saucony tennis shoes
* Your weakness: hate trying new things
* Your fears: public speaking, losing loved ones
* Your perfect pizza: canadian bacon and hamburger thick crust
* Goals you’d like to achieve: make it through the school year in the combined
class I will be teaching in with 34 kids ages 3-5 years old. It will not be easy.
* Your first waking thoughts: what do I need to do today
* Your best physical feature: eyes, smile
* Your most missed memory: memories with family that has passed dad, grandparents
also memories of Josh when he was really little.
LAYER 3: Do you...
* Smoke: no
* Cuss: when I am really stressed or angry
* Sing: love to sing
* Do you think you’ve been in love: yes
* Did you go to college: yes
* Liked high school: yes
* Believe in yourself: yes
* Think you’re attractive: not anymore
* Think you’re a health freak: no
* Like thunderstorms: yes
* Play an instrument: no
LAYER 4: In the past month have you…
* Drunk alcohol: no
* Smoked: no
* Done a drug: no
* Made out: private
* Gone on a date: no
* Gone to the mall: no
* Eaten an entire box of Oreos: no
* Eaten sushi: no
* Been on stage: no
* Been dumped: no
* Gone skating: no
* Gone skinny dipping: no
LAYER 5: Have you ever…
* Played a game that required removal of clothing: yes
* Been trashed or extremely intoxicated: yes
* Been caught “doing something”: no
* Been called a tease: yes
* Gotten beaten up: no
* Age you did get/hope to be married: I got married at 27
* How do you want to die: in my sleep
* What did you want to be when you grew up: in the medical field (research)
* What country would you most like to visit: all of Europe, all of the countries
LAYER 7: Now tell...
* Name a person you could trust with your life: My husband Karl
* Name a favorite CD that you own: The Cars
* Number of piercings: 5 in my ears (3 in one and 2 in the other, but I no longer wear earrings
* Number of tattoos: none
* Number of times my name has appeared in the newspaper: I am not sure, I was in
the newspaper some when I was in school for different things and when I got married
and had a baby.
* Name a past experience that you regret: : being mean in school, I was not a bully, but
I said some means things a few times.