1. Where do you get your news these days? I see it first on my phone apps.
2. Do you like crab meat? What makes you crabby? I don't have it often, but I
do like it. Rude people make me crabby.
3. Does freedom mean more choices? Have you ever felt there were too many
choices? Elaborate. I suppose I do believe freedom means more choices and
I am sure I have felt before like I have too many choices, but choices are good and
not everyone likes the same things. We should have choices so we are not limited.
If you do not like it...do not choose it.
4. Barbara Millicent Roberts was introduced to the world on March 9, 1959...that's Barbie
to most of us. Did you have Barbies as a kid, or did you let your own children play with Barbies?
What well known Barbara (living or not) would you most like to meet? I loved playing
with Barbies as a kid. My papa made me a huge Barbie doll house. I had so much fun.
I have a friend from high school named Barb. I would love to spend some time with her
as my Barbara. I suppose she is not well known, but I have no interest in well-known people.
5. What are three things you value most in another person? honesty, caring, compassionate
6. How would you define “old.” At what age is a person old? That number goes up as I age. Hahaha
7. A place you’ve been that’s “old.” Tell us something about your visit there. Josh and I went to
The Alamo in about 2011 or so. We went with Karl's sisters and we had Josh's cousins also
with us. I love visiting places like that. They hold so much history.
8. Something you miss about the “good old days.” When were they? I miss how kids and
adults really used to play outside and not be distracted by games and cell phones. 1990's.
9. In what way are you a 'chip off the old block'? Or if you'd rather, in what way is your child
a 'chip off the old block'? I am much the same as my dad. I wanted to be just like him. I
have some of the same mannerisms as him and I also became a teacher like him.
10. Old fashioned, Old Testament, old timer, same old same old, old glory, good old boy,
old wives tale...choose an 'old' phrase that relates to something in your life or the wider
world currently and explain. I feel like I am aging into a time where I am using phrases I
have always used and they are starting to go out. You get called on stuff like that when
you work with young people. The sad thing is I do not even know what phrases are old.
Something I say all of the time that I do not really think people say much now is awesome.
I tell kids how awesome their ideas are or how awesome they are. I think everything being
awesome is from the 80's. Maybe I am wrong...hahahaha.
11. July 5th is National Hawaii Day...have you ever been to Hawaii? Any desire to visit or make
a return trip? Pineapple, mango, or guava...what's your pleasure? I have never been to Hawaii,
I would love to go. I love pineapple.
12. Last time you were 'thrown in at the deep end'? Explain. This year as a new Pre-K
teacher I was asked to pilot a reading program for pre-K for next year. It turned out to be
good. We will be implementing the program in all classrooms next year. I am not exactly
a new teacher to preschool because I taught ECSE, but this was my first year as a regular
education pre-kindergarten teacher. I have also been asked to mentor the new Pre-K
teacher next year.
13. Sun, sea, sand, salt...your favorite when it comes to summer? sun
14. Bury your head in the sand, the sands of time, draw a line in the sand, pound sand, shifting
sands...pick one and tell us how the phrase currently relates to your life in some way. Bury
my head in the sand. I just want to pretend that our Molly dog is not dying.
15. On a scale of 1-10 (1 = make your own rules and 10=like a warden), how strict were
your parents? If you're a parent where on the scale do you land? My parents were pretty strict.
I will say 8-9. Karl and I are more like 7-8. We have never really had to be that strict with
Josh. He doesn't go anywhere.