Unfamiliar with this week's song? Hear it here.
1) This song lists seven cities -- New York, Los Angeles, Detroit, Chicago, Chattanooga, Baton Rouge and St. Louis -- that Linda just loves. How many have you visited? I have visited Chattanooga and St. Louis of those listed. We visited the Chattanooga Choo Choo in Chattanooga.
2) The lyrics refer to hamburgers sizzling on the grill. What toppings do you believe make a perfect burger? I like cheese, ketchup and mayonnaise on my burger. I also like cheese and chili, but I do not have that very often.
3) The original recording of this song by Chuck Berry has always been one of Linda Ronstadt's favorites, one she used to enjoy singing along with in the car. What's the most recent song you sang? Josh and I had to go to Springfield yesterday and Suspicious Minds by Elvis was on the radio. I sang along with that song.
4) Linda performed The National Anthem at Game 3 of the 1977 World Series. The New York Yankees won both that game and the series. How is your baseball team doing this season? The St. Louis Cardinals are in 2nd...1.5 games behind the Milwaukee Brewers as I am posting this. Yadi, Waino and Pujols. I am going to miss them when they retire. :(
Since this is our last Saturday 9 before Independence Day, let's ask some questions related to the holiday.
7) In high school, Sam was crazy about American history and got good grades. Science was her worst subject. In high school, where did you shine? In what subject were your grades not so hot? I was good at sciences, english, foreign languages and music classes. I was awful at math and history oh and P.E. I hated P.E.
8) The first 4th of July parade each year is held at 12:01 AM in Gatlinberg, TN. Will you attend a parade or fireworks to celebrate the 4th? I doubt it, just because as soon as the fireworks start going off here...our dog Meisha will be scared. I like to stay home with her when the fireworks are going off. Karl's sister always has a cookout and fireworks that we are invited to. Maybe Karl and Josh can go when Josh gets off work. I doubt that as Josh hates fireworks. Karl and I may go furniture shopping sometime this weekend, but that is about it. We will be flying our flag high and maybe watching fireworks on tv and possibly eating some hot dogs and hamburgers.
9) Americans love to celebrate our independence. In fact, there are more than 30 towns all across the US called Independence. There are two in MN alone (one outside Duluth, the other west of Minneapolis). Please google it and let us know: does your state have an Independence? I am not sure what this means. I am so embarrassed. Our state has an Independence, MO. It is close to Kansas City, MO.