Friday, April 16, 2021
Tuesday, April 13, 2021
Let's discuss the weather...
1. Spring is here. What do you like or dislike about it weather wise? I like how in the
2. How do you fare in humidity? Do you fade or come alive ? I fade. I have a hard time
3. Do rainy days bother you or are you happy for an occasional break from the sunshine?
4. In your opinion, what is the best thing about each season?
Sunday, April 11, 2021
2. Are you able to ignore a ringing telephone? yes...I ignore my landline, we have caller ID, so most
3. How often do you allow a ringing phone to go to voice mail? If it is my cell, I swipe it quickly and
4. Do you answer your cell phone, out in public, every time it rings? Or do you silence it and get
5. How often would you say you’re on your home phone? Your cell phone? Not very often. 2-3
6. Do you like talking on the phone or do you view it as a necessary communication tool? I do not
7. When did you last go for a bike ride? middle school I guess, once I got my drivers license I
8. Do you own a bike? not anymore
9. Given the most popular New Year’s resolution of losing weight, would you consider putting
10. If you had to name a smell that always makes you nostalgic, what would it be? What sorts of
11. What did you do over the weekend? No detail is too small. This is your journal, so tell us about
12. If it weren’t for my blog, I’d miss my friends and miss your advice and input. I love learning tips
13. When was the last time you replied “because I said so”? Do you find yourself saying that a lot?
14. What is the worst gift you’ve ever received? I love all gifts, it is the thought that counts.
15. Tell us the worst gift you’ve ever given. What was the reaction of the recipient? I have thrown
Friday, April 9, 2021
The Bones (2019)
1) They lyrics compare a relationship to a house, saying that despite superficial problems like peeling paint or broken glass, the foundation can still be solid and strong. What home improvement project is next on your list? We have some flooring that needs repair in our laundry room. I am not sure in reality if that will be out next project though.
2) Maren Morris sings that she knows she and her lover can face any storm. Are you afraid of thunder and lightening? not really, loud thunder can startle me sometimes, but I am not afraid of it. We get a lot of tornadoes here where I live. I am afraid of those.
Tuesday, April 6, 2021
Welcome to Toni Taddeo's Tuesday 4.. where we continue the tradition of offering
you 4 questions weekly that you can answer. It proves blogging material and a way
This week the topic is lunch..
1. Lunch can be either glorious or bland, hard to choose or easy.
2. What are your choices for a nice lunch? I suppose a nice lunch would be a hot
3. Is lunch a big meal or a light meal for you? It can be either. Sometimes
4. "Let's do lunch" has become a funny phrase used in movies and jokes and usually
Saturday, April 3, 2021
2. What’s your favorite cocktail? I do not drink
3. If you are alone for the evening, what do you fix yourself for dinner? pizza
4. What make was your first car? Ford Fairmont. I did not have this car long though,
5. What is your height? 5'4"
6. What was your least favorite toy as a child? not sure
7. What’s your favorite cartoon character? Mickey Mouse
8. What’s your dream car? I would be happy with a new version of what I have which is
9. What’s your favorite pizza topping? ham and hamburger
10. What’s your favorite sports team? Kansas City Chiefs and St. Louis Cardinals
11. What’s your favorite TV show? New Amsterdam
12. What is your favorite ice cream? Vanilla
13. What is your favorite song? I do not have a favorite song. I like a lot of different songs.
14. What’s your least favorite chore? dusting and mopping... it hurts my back
15. What was your first job? McDonalds. I worked in drive thru a lot.
Friday, April 2, 2021
Saturday 9: Here Comes Peter Cottontail (from the archives)
1) Which do you prefer: colored hard-boiled eggs, chocolate marshmallow eggs, or plastic eggs with coins inside? colored hard boiled eggs
2) What's your favorite color of Peeps (yellow, purple, or pink)? I do not like peeps, but I like the color purple.
3) All this talk of sweets is making Sam hungry. What's for lunch? It is Friday and I am home for Good Friday. We are having goulash.
4) This song was introduced by country singer Gene Autry and it's still a favorite. Please share some of the lyrics. (And you're on your own; Sam didn't include a link to the song this week.) Here Comes Peter Cottontail
Hoppin' Down the Bunny Trail. Hippity Hoppity, Easter's on it's way. Then I am not sure what comes next.
5) Gene Autry was so popular that a town in Oklahoma named itself for him. Have you ever been to Oklahoma? Most of my family is from Oklahoma, I have been there a lot.
6) He and his horse Champion also had a TV show. Can you name another famous horse? Silver, Black Beauty
7) Gene Autry also recorded "Rudolph, The Red Nosed Reindeer," and it was, of course, wildly popular, too. Who is your favorite recording artist? I do not have a favorite.
8) In 1950, the year Autry recorded this song, Diner's Club issued the first credit card. Think of the last thing you purchased. Did you use cash, a credit card, a debit card, an e-wallet service (Visa Checkout, Paypal, Google Pay, Apple Pay ...) or a check? cash
9) Easter is recognized as the start of the spring season. What are you looking forward to this spring? Everything blooming and turning green again. We have already mowed, so it is green, just not many flowers or leaves yet. I am excited about flowers. I wait until May to plant anything though.