Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
9) Random question: Do you consider yourself old fashioned? maybe a little, but my son Josh is old fashioned. :) I think that is so cool.
Hello and welcome back to Toni Taddeo's Tuesday 4.
1. Spring cleaning is a very old tradition. Some say it began with Passover and removing leaven from the home and the fact that windows begin to be thrown open. What Spring cleaning do you do? I do my deep cleaning when I get out of school in May, so the Spring cleaning is the same as always with exception to the lawn. We start picking up sticks and rocks, sweep, run the leaf blower and start mowing. Then once school is out, I start doing more cleaning where I am throwing things away.
2. Does daylight saving time make any difference in your life for good or bad? This year it made me really tired. It never has before. I love having the longer days once the time changes. I think the more sunlight I get, the happier I am.
3. Do you have a spring reading/watch list or perhaps a 'to do' list? I read a lot during Spring Break. I did have a list of books. Now, I will start planning for summer, which will include more romance books...lighter reading.
4. The "peepers" are back here by the water. There are thousands of this itty bitty frogs(the size of a finger nail) peeping like loud birds.
What signs of spring are showing up in your neck of the woods and what Spring flower is your favorite to see blooming? We have had daffodils and crocus bloom already and the trees are starting to get tiny leaf buds. This is a nice time of Spring...the mosquitoes are not back yet. They start showing up in May and that is when I have to stay inside.
Since Saint Patrick's Day is March 17 it might be nice to talk about it.
1. Do you celebrate the day and is it more secular or religious for you? I wear green, but that is about it.
2. Americans eat corned beef and cabbage but it's not traditional in Ireland at all. In my house its Colcannon and Beef Stew or Cottage pie (shepherds pie made with beef instead of lamb).. which is more realistic and far less salty. Do you make special meals for holidays? What will you make for St. Patrick's Day? I make special meals for some holidays, but not St. Patrick's Day.
3. Do you have much green in your wardrobe? Does the color look good on you? Not really. It was my favorite color in college and I had a lot of Hunter Green clothes/shoes/coats...but I do not have much green now at all.
4. In school we put up giant green shamrocks and Leprechauns. We made green paper chains to decorate our classrooms. What do you do to decorate? I do not decorate my house at all. The kids made shamrocks at school and they are hanging in the hall.
Saturday 9: Wagon Wheel (2013)