Saturday, June 24, 2023
Friday, June 16, 2023
This song was chosen in honor of Father's Day. Hear it here.
1) Paul McCartney has said that "Beautiful Boy" is one of his favorite John Lennon solo songs. What's yours? (This link will take you to his greatest hits.) Imagine
2) Lennon wrote this for his son, Sean. Father and son share an October 9 birthday. Does anyone in your life share your birthday? I had a student last school year that shared my birthday (September 9).
3) John asks Sean to take his hand before they cross the street. Name another song that references holding hands. I want to hold your hand.
4) Today Sean Lennon is in his late 40s. He lives in Greenwich Village, creating art and music from his elaborate home-based music and film studio. Are you into the latest in electronics? I usually am, it seems AI (artificial intelligence) is the latest thing. I am not really interested in that at the moment.
5) In Thailand, Father's Day is observed on the birthday of the current King. Are you celebrating any birthdays this month? My husband's birthday is the 29th.
6) Crazy Sam vividly remembers her long-ago high school days when her father gave her driving lessons. Do you consider yourself a good driver? I think I am a very good driver.
7) Sam's dad is a stickler about car maintenance and reminds Sam to change her air filter regularly so her a/c and heater can run efficiently. Share a car maintenance tip. Have your oil changed every 5000 miles or whatever your mechanic says.
8) When he fills up the car, Sam's father also stocks up on his favorite candy: Life Savers. He always has a bag in the glove compartment. What's something you don't leave home without? My purse which has my wallet and cell phone. I usually have a drink too.
9) Random Question: How long can you go without checking your phone? I can go a long time. Sometimes I silent it and put it away. It can take up so much of your time if you are not careful. I usually check it every so many hours though just in case.
Tuesday, June 13, 2023
I sure hope you are enjoying these questions each week. I try hard to get good subjects and I hope you are not bored or disappointed. So, welcome back to Toni Taddeo's Tuesday 4.
It is Summer!
1. What memorable times have you had in summer? When I was young it was boating on the lake with friends or having fun in Branson. Now that I am older it is relaxing and enjoying the quiet and reading or vacation. I love summer.
2. What foods bring back that summertime feeling? Watermelon, ice cream.
3. What music do you associate with summertime? Beach Boys
4.Where do you want most to be in the summer if money is no object and you have the time? If I could go anywhere, I would go to Hawaii with my family. Well, I say that...realistically, I would probably go to lots of places. I have the whole summer off.
Ann- I love the questions you ask us. I am glad it is summer and I can play now. I am never bored or disappointed.
Tuesday, June 6, 2023
Another Tuesday has arrived bringing you another Tuesday 4 kept in memory of Toni Taddeo. Let's discuss sweets.. candy, cakes, pies, pastries, all manner of confections.
1. What are your favorite candies?
I like Lindt chocolates and skittles (not together).
2. What kind of pie, cake and pastry tempts you the most? My favorite dessert is pie. I like almost any kind of pie. I really would like to have some peach pie right now. I like coconut cake and chocolate cake. I like pastries, but I can do without.
3. How often do you have dessert? Or how often do you bake goodies? I do not have a home cooked dessert very often. Just special occasions.
4. Your choice for dessert today:
- New York Cheesecake
- Chocolate Mud Pie
- Creme Brulee
- Hot Apple Pie with Ice Cream
- Churros con Chocolate
- Big Brownie with hot fudge sauce, ice cream and whipped cream.
Friday, June 2, 2023
Saturday 9: The Best (1991)
1) In this song, Tina Turner sings that she can think of no better place to be than her lover's arms. Since we're entering summer vacation season, let's switch it to: What's the best place you've ever traveled to? My favorite vacation was to Orange Beach, Alabama. We had an ocean view and would watch the dolphins jumping in the water every morning. We would hang out at the beach and relax. I was able to take Josh to a light house...which he loved light houses at the time. We also went on a dolphin tour, which was so cool. Just a very memorable vacation. This picture was top of the Pensacola lighthouse.