Pages

Saturday, May 11, 2019

Saturday 9- The Perfect Fan


http://samanthasaturday9.blogspot.com/


THE PERFECT FAN (1999)
Unfamiliar with this week's song? Hear it here.


1) In this song, a son thanks his mother for helping him grow up strong and confident. Who is the last person you thanked? What did they do for you?  We were at my nephew's graduation party last night and my sis-in-law went and got me a Coke to drink.  I said Thank-you!  I was very thirsty.
  
2) Who was the last person to thank you for something?  I told my Nephew Keifer Congratulations last night on his graduation from high school.  He said Thank-you.

 
3) This is from the Backstreet Boys' album Millennium, recorded and released in 1999. Do you remember where you were and what you were doing when 1999 turned into 2000?  I think I was here at home.  I remember people thinking the computers were going to shut down when the year flipped to 2000 and everything was going to be messed up....electrical grids etc...anything that computers help run, but everything was fine.

4) This song was written by Backstreet Boy Brian Littrell. Brian voiced himself on an episode of PBS' Arthur. Arthur has been described as an "animated anthropomorphic aardvark" -- which can be difficult to say. Do you easily get tongue tied?  a little bit, but not as bad as some.
 
5) The French word for "mother" is "mère." What other French words do you know?  I have taken 3 years of French
and then another year at the college level, so I know a lot of words in French.
 
6) Mother's Day is a big holiday for card shops. So are birthdays, weddings, and St. Patrick's Day. Hallmark sells greetings for everything from "Congratulations on Your New Job" to "Happy Retirement." Who received the most recent card you bought?  It was a Sympathy card for my Aunt.
 
7) Have you put away your winter clothes yet?  I have a big closet, so I do not really need to put them away.  My top rack is winter and bottom is summer.

 
8) Mother Winters used to scold Sam for leaving her dirty dishes in the sink. Sam admits it: as a grown up, she's still a bit of a slob. Do lean toward "neat" or "messy?"  messy, but I used to be such a neat person.  My house was spotless. 

  
9) To celebrate Mother's Day, Sam is giving away her mother's favorite: Hershey Bars. Would you prefer classic milk chocolate, dark chocolate or milk chocolate with almonds? 
milk chocolate with almonds
 
Happy Mother's Day!!!
 
 

6 comments:

  1. While my mother was alive my house used to be clean but once passed away it was like I didn't need to keep it clean. I think of it as a rebellion against neatness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. #3 -- I was one of those Y2K fraidy cats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have exactly the same French background. I know lots of words, as well. I just can't put them together into anything useful.
    I used to keep the house a lot neater, too. I think part of it is the busyness of our lives, all the distractions we now have (like this meme), the fact that as a society we've just become a lot more relaxed about a lot of stuff.
    If I don't catch you tomorrow, have a happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Big closets are awesome. I need one 3x the size of the one I have! LOL I enjoyed your answers and will join you with that chocolate w/almonds candy bar! Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog! You are always welcome here. I love Comments, so let me know you were here.