Pages

Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Wednesday Medley- NATIONAL NYLON STOCKING DAY

http://tdorsaneo.blogspot.com/
National Nylon Stocking Day May 15

NATIONAL NYLON STOCKING DAY


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1.  Do you (men don't have to answer) ever wear stockings today?  I have some short sock ones I wear with nice shoes, but if I am wearing a dress...no.
2.  Terri can remember her mom wearing hose with the seam in the back.  Do you have any memories of those?  During the war, when stockings were scarce, women would draw a line on their legs to simulate wearing stockings!  How far would you go to superficially fake something today?  I only have memories of these nylons in that I have seen these in movies.  I wear make-up...that is kind of superficial I guess. I do not do anything weird with my make-up though.


3.  Women actually rioted after WWII because Dupont couldn't keep up with the demand for nylon stockings!  Is there anything today you would riot for if the supply dried up (other than basic food and water needs)?  I can't think of anything I would riot for.
4.  Pantyhose were first called Panty Legs.  I'm sure we all have worn pantyhose at one time or another (again, men don't have to answer). Do you still have a pair or three in a drawer?  Do you wear them?  I think I may have some...I did throw a lot of stuff away last summer, but I do not wear them.
5.  This is also National Chocolate Chip Day.  Perhaps chocolate is something to riot for if we ran out?  Joe's favorite cookie is chocolate chip.  What is yours?  chocolate chip
6.  Please share something with us about your week.  My nephew Keifer graduated last Friday, so we went to that.  We had a great time with family afterwards.  Then last night my co-workers and I along with some kids in our class went to see a baseball game of one of our kids.  We had so much fun.

8 comments:

  1. I did not know there was a day honoring nylon stockings. I still wear often and I don't mind them at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How silly to honor nylon stockings. I just had to go with it! Ha! Thanks for joining in today, Lori!! Sounds like a fun time at the ball game!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun outing! I need to get the hubs to take me to see the Tigers... not that they are doing all that great this year.. but then again lately they haven't been doing well for the last few years! Great answers!! Have a great Wednesday!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you are getting to enjoy some baseball with your friends. That sounds like it was a fun time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The ball game with friends sounds like so much fun. I love chocolate chip cookies too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you had a fun time at the ballgame. They're always so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Watching kids' ball games is always so exciting! Sounds like a fun time with friends!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog! You are always welcome here. I love Comments, so let me know you were here.