Pages

Friday, February 14, 2020

Saturday 9- Secret Valentine

http://samanthasaturday9.blogspot.com/

 

Saturday 9: Secret Valentine (2008)

In honor of Valentine's Day. Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

 
1) The lyrics talk about a song that's so romantic it "turns out the lights." Are the lights on in the room you're in right now?  Yes, I am watching the news...well it is on and I am filling this out.

2) In the video, our heroine's Valentine's Day adventure begins with a note slipped into her pocket. What's in your pocket right now?  no pockets

3) This week's band, We the Kings, are proud sons of the state of Florida. Bradenton, to be exact. They even called one of their CDs Sunshine State of Mind. Have you ever been to Florida? If so, where have you visited?  I have been a few times.  I have been to Kissimmee and Orlando area when we went to Disney World, Tampa Bay and Cocoa Beach and I have been to Pensacola when we went on an adventure when we went to Alabama.  Just a short drive.

4) Lead singer Travis Clark has a pierced lip but doesn't always wear a lip ring. Do you have any piercings? If yes, are you wearing jewelry in your piercing(s) right now?  When I was in college I had my ears pierced 5 times...3 in one ear and two in the other.  My roommates all did this.  I have no other piercings.  I do not ever wear earrings anymore.  I did wear earrings for my nephew's wedding, but I was dressed up.  It is rare.

5) The band's name comes from a cheer they did when they attended Martha B. King High School. Have you attended your high school reunion?  no

6) Hearts are the symbol of Valentine's Day, so here's a little heart trivia: whales have largest heart of any animal. When we say a person is "big hearted," it means we think of them as generous. Think about the people in your life. Who would you describe as big hearted?  My co-worker Lori.  I have talked about her before.  She is an angel on Earth.

7) It's estimated that 9 million people buy Valentine's Day presents for their dogs and cats. Have you ever purchased a holiday gift for a pet?  I have in the past, I always buy them Santa Paws gifts, but I did not get anything special for Valentine's Day.  They have big birthdays too.  I made them Easter baskets one year too and they do egg hunts...you put the treats in a plastic egg and they find them.  Now we all know I have lost my mind.  Hahahaha


8) Valentines to teachers are also big sellers. Did you ever have a crush on one of your instructors?  no

9) With the popularity of e-cards, fewer Valentine messages are sent via the USPS. What's the most recent thing you dropped into a mailbox?  We are doing a post office unit at the preschool, so we mailed letters with the kids.

7 comments:

  1. Dogs with Easter eggs are just too cute. You made my morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha...goodness, I need to get my eyes rechecked--I thoughts those were pot bellied pigs, (apologies, my husband came in and was chit chatting and I was reading at the same time, grin).

    Nonetheless, I enjoyed your post. Have a great weekend, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. #2 And when there are pockets they are only knuckle deep.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Egg hunts with animals. That's a new on! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your Easter egg hunt for the dogs!! How fun! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. When you do wear earrings do you wear all 5? I have 3 in one ear and 1 in the other and I rarely wear any earrings beyond the first hole. I did today and my 3rd hole itched like crazy all day. I think that's why I rarely do. The things we do in college, eh? lol Have a great evening, Lori, and I'll see you tomorrow for SS.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog! You are always welcome here. I love Comments, so let me know you were here.