Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) This song is about the fantasy of being one of the "beautiful people," but how hollow the reality can be. Do you often find yourself envying others for what they have? I am not sure envy is the word, because I am happy people can buy things for themselves. I do wish we could have nicer things and be able to travel. We are healthy though and that is important.
2) Ed Sheeran sings that he and his girl don't fit in well because they're "just ourselves." Who among your close friends do you find it easiest to be "just yourself?" My friend Kris. She is silly like me and also my friend Lori. I love doing things with them. This is Kris and I being ourselves. I am on the left.
3) The lyrics refer to Hummers and Lamborghinis. What's your dream ride? I would just like to have a brand new Toyota Camry. I drive a Camry now and it is the best car I have ever had. I have no desire to have a super expensive car...although Camry's are not cheap....no car is.
4) Ed believes in giving back. One cause he supports is No Cold Homes, which helps ensure that everyone in the English city of Bristol has the fuel needed to keep their homes safe and comfortable. Here in the United States, he's raised funds for Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center. Is there a cause that's near and dear to your heart? We give to a place called Victory Mission which feeds the hungry and we also give to Convoy of Hope that comes to the aid of disaster victims. They are both local charities...Convoy helps everywhere. Then we give to St. Jude.
5) Ed's arms are covered in tattoos, so clearly he doesn't suffer from trypanophobia, or a fear of needles. How about you? Do you look away when the doctor gives you a shot? I do look away, but I wouldn't say I have a fear.
6) One of Ed's tattoos is a bottle of Heinz Ketchup. What condiments would we find if we peeked into your refrigerator this morning? ketchup, mustard, steak sauce, maybe some tartar sauce. I am not sure what else right off the top if my head.
7) Ed is a natural redhead, a trait he shares with only 2% of the population. Does red hair run in your family? My husband Karl has red hair, but no red hair on my side of the family. Josh has dark brown hair.
8) In 2019, when this song was release, the FDA recommended the approval of a drug for treating peanut allergies in children. Do you suffer from any food allergies, or sensitivities? no
9) Random question: What of these do you think is the biggest contributing factor to success -- hard work, luck or talent? luck...someone told me years ago that it is all who you know. I have found this to be true in my life and while I do feel talent and hard work does help many, I am going with luck. I have seen a lot of people get really good jobs that are not as deserving as others.