Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) The Cowsills were a family band who had three hit singles. Can you name another group of popular singing siblings? The Jonas Brothers.
2) This was their first hit, and it reached #2 on the Billboard charts. It was kept out of the #1 slot by the Monkees and "Daydream Believer." What's your favorite Monkees song? I'm a Believer.
3) After seeing the Cowsill brothers perform with their mother and sister, TV producers were inspired to create the sitcom, The Partridge Family. Did you ever watch it? Oh yes, at the time I just loved it.
4) In the song, the narrator takes a flower from a girl in the park. Are there flowers in your home right now? no, there were flowers in my house for months when the quarantine started. One student gave me flowers right before Spring Break and another a few weeks later. They have died now, but they were beautiful.
5) He isn't sure if the girl was real, or if he dreamed her. Tell us about a recent dream you had. I always forget my dreams once the day starts. They are so stupid anyway.
6) At the height of the Cowsills' popularity, they were hired by the American Dairy Association to promote drinking milk. If we were to peek into your refrigerator right now, would we find any milk? Yes
7) After the band stopped performing together, John Cowsill went on to become a back up musician for the Beach Boys. His job has kept him on the road much of the time. When you travel, do you enjoy staying in hotels, or would you rather stay with friends/family? Well, when I traveled to visit my Grandparents, I preferred to stay with them, but I would not want to stay with anyone else. So, since my Grandparents have passed now, I will say hotels.
8) In 1967, the year this song was popular, Elvis married Priscilla in Las Vegas. Have you attended any weddings yet this year? Are there any weddings in your future? The last wedding I attended was my nephew last summer, but I have another one in the fall...it is a friend of my family.
9) Random question: Are the bottoms of your feet ticklish? yes.