Pages

Friday, September 8, 2023

Saturday 9- Cheeseburger in Paradise

 



Cheeseburger in Paradise

Cheeseburger in Paradise (1978)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

From the archives; Repeated in memory of Jimmy Buffett, who died on September 1.

1) In this song, Jimmy Buffett briefly attempts a healthier diet, which included sunflower seeds, carrot juice, zucchini and bulgur wheat. Do you pay attention to your daily consumption of vitamins, minerals, dietary fiber, etc.?  no, I know, I know.  I need to.

2) Jimmy sings that he'd like french fries with his burger. Do you prefer to dip your fries or drizzle the ketchup over them? dip

3) Which cheese would make yours a cheeseburger in paradise: American, cheddar, Swiss, bleu, Muenster, or Monterrey Jack?  I enjoy Colby Jack, Cheddar or American
 
4) Buffett fans call themselves Parrotheads. Concert attire for a well-dressed Parrothead often includes a Hawaiian shirt and a foam fin hat. What will you be wearing tonight?  Probably just yoga pants and a t-shirt.
 
5) For someone with such an easygoing and laidback vibe, Jimmy is a very busy man. His business ventures include liquors, restaurants and hotels. He's also published eight books. All this in addition to making music! On a scale of 1 to 10 -- with 1 being lazy and 10 being highly motivated -- how would you rate yourself this morning?  I am filling this out on Thursday night.  I am guessing on Saturday I will be feeling middle around a 5 since I have to be 10 during the week.


6) Jimmy has some very famous fans. Paul McCartney asked him to play at one of his parties, and Barack Obama invited him to perform at a fundraiser. If you could invite anyone -- anyone at all! -- to play at your party, who would you ask?  I am not sure.  My son could answer this easy.  I will say Taylor Swift.  I am not a huge fan, but I know a lot of people are and I do enjoy some of her songs.  I am not a huge concert goer.  

7) Jimmy was born on Christmas Day. Does your birthday fall on a major holiday? If yes, do you mind "sharing" your special day?  no, I was not born on a holiday, but today is my birthday!  September 9th.  My mom was born on Thanksgiving Day when it falls on the November 25th.



8) In 1978, the year this song was popular, the Susan B. Anthony Dollar was first minted. The initial design was not a hit with the public because vending machines could not accept it. What's the last thing you bought from a vending machine?  It was probably a soda a few years ago.

9) Random question -- If today's your birthday, your zodiac sign is Virgo. When did you last check your horoscope?  I never check my horoscope.



11 comments:

  1. Happy, happy birthday!
    I never check my horoscope, either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lori: Check my blog for your birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday, Lori!! I hope you do something special today to celebrate YOU! I was just thinking this was also my husband's Aunt Dorothy's birthday. She's long gone to heaven, but she was a character! I remember her birthday because we were both born in September (me on 25th), and my mother in law (Dorothy's sister) used to tell me that Dorothy and I were both "Virgos". I don't do horoscopes either, but I know that I am actually a Libra. It changes somewhere in September. Not sure why, since I don't follow them. Just funny that I had this memory already this morning, and then I see that today is your birthday! I hope it is a blessed day in every way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. #3 I’m not a fan of Swiss cheese on cheeseburgers either.
    #7 Happy Birthday!!!
    #9 Me neither.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wishing you a very happy birthday! I struggled with choosing an artist to play at my party.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday, Lori!! I hope you are being celebrated and that you have a year ahead full of blessings!! I enjoyed your answers today. My motivation went from 7 to about 5!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday, today it's the 10th and my eldest daughter's 38th birthday.
    Also I have a certain song stuck in my head, thank you for that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday, Lori! I've never thought about it, but you're right...motivation is probably low on the weekends due to having to be high throughout the week. I hope you are enjoying your day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy belated birthday! I hope you had a super special day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank You for signing my website guestbook.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog! You are always welcome here. I love Comments, so let me know you were here.