Cheeseburger in Paradise (1978)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
From the archives; Repeated in memory of Jimmy Buffett, who died on September 1.
2) Jimmy sings that he'd like french fries with his burger. Do you prefer to dip your fries or drizzle the ketchup over them? dip
4) Buffett fans call themselves Parrotheads. Concert attire for a well-dressed Parrothead often includes a Hawaiian shirt and a foam fin hat. What will you be wearing tonight? Probably just yoga pants and a t-shirt.
6) Jimmy has some very famous fans. Paul McCartney asked him to play at one of his parties, and Barack Obama invited him to perform at a fundraiser. If you could invite anyone -- anyone at all! -- to play at your party, who would you ask? I am not sure. My son could answer this easy. I will say Taylor Swift. I am not a huge fan, but I know a lot of people are and I do enjoy some of her songs. I am not a huge concert goer.
7) Jimmy was born on Christmas Day. Does your birthday fall on a major holiday? If yes, do you mind "sharing" your special day? no, I was not born on a holiday, but today is my birthday! September 9th. My mom was born on Thanksgiving Day when it falls on the November 25th.
8) In 1978, the year this song was popular, the Susan B. Anthony Dollar was first minted. The initial design was not a hit with the public because vending machines could not accept it. What's the last thing you bought from a vending machine? It was probably a soda a few years ago.
9) Random question -- If today's your birthday, your zodiac sign is Virgo. When did you last check your horoscope? I never check my horoscope.