Pages

Tuesday, September 5, 2023

Tuesday 4 Meme- Planning

 



Planning

Seeing ahead
Welcome back friends!

A wise man once said that most people fall into their lives.   They don't plan and carry out what they would like to do, they just fall into things through circumstances.      Others plan and prepare for life.  They know the kind of person they want to spend their life with, the kind of family, home  or job they wish to have and make a concerted effort to follow through.  

So what about you?

1. Did you plan to be where you are right now in life or did you just end up where you are?  I went to college wanting to go into medical technology.  Then I changed my major and wanted to be a social worker.  I quickly realized that was not for me.  I spent several years working with the mentally handicapped.  Caring for them and taking them out to do things.  When I got married the hours were not great, so I got a job at a school as a paraprofessional helping out in a sped room.  I took off for several years to be at home with my son (SAHM)....some of the best years of my life.  When Josh went into 1st grade I got a job subbing at a special education preschool and went to college again for education this time and became the teacher.  I love my job.  It has been a crazy road, but I made it.  I was an early childhood special education teacher for years and now I teach regular education pre-K.  

2. What plans did you make for your future and what plans do you have for the future now or are you just marking time?  I have never been one to make long term plans for my life, but at this point, I pray I can stay where I am at teaching pre-K where I went to school until I can retire.

3.  Do you live where you want to live or would you have done things differently when planning where to live?  Karl had already bought this house when we got married.  I never really wanted to live here, but it has been a nice quiet life in a small town.  I wish we had a little bigger house.  I would like to have had some say in where we live.

4.  What is planned for this coming Autumn?   

  • the building where I teach is almost finished.  We have been told we will get to go see it on September 11th to start being able to make plans for moving.  We are being told as of today that we will be back in our classrooms by October 3rd with students.  It is an understatement to say that I am beyond excited.  I just want to be in my own classroom again.  I am so tired of sharing a classroom.  It is highly stressful for the kids and adults.  We will be working on that this month, so those are my plans.  I have not made any other plans yet.

Thank you for joining in to make Toni Taddeo's Tuesday 4 a success.   





10 comments:

  1. I can understand wanting a say in the place where you live. I can imagine how stressful it has been not to have your own classroom. I hope your move goes very smoothly for all the teachers, staff and students.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so excited to move to my own room again.

      Delete
  2. I never got to pick out a home of my own either and I regret that. I think for women it's important. I went to college for journalism, changed to speech and hearing therapy but ended up as a Medical Technologist!! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's really great you went back to school and furthered your education, Good For You!! Enjoyed reading your answers today, hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just drifted into my life, never made plans just let things happen, I always just go with the flow, I love living here always have and will just continue to go with the flow

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've had a pretty productive life and have followed through with good plans. I hope you get back into your own classroom soon. I am sure that will be a big blessing for all. I am sure your house is a wonderful home, where you've raised your son and made lots of memories. After all these years of living there I bet it would be difficult to change now! Maybe you will get to select the "retirement" home when the time comes. Meanwhile, may God continue to bless your home with peace and love. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I doubt we would move now. Our house is almost paid for. :)

      Delete
  6. Interesting answers, Lori! I'm sorry you didn't get to help choose where to live but you do seem happy where you are. God is good!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed your answers this week. I think some people thrive on making plans and others not so much, and neither is right or wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's good news about the school.
    It's almost the eleventh. I can understand your excitement.

    Making long term plans has never been something for me, either. It only creates disappointment and discomfort when they are not realized, and most of the time they aren't.

    Oh...I hope all goes well moving back to your own classroom!! Can't wait to hear all is well.

    Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog! You are always welcome here. I love Comments, so let me know you were here.