Summertime
Welcome to Toni Taddeo's Tuesday 4...
Summer time is upon us.
1. What special memories do you have about summer when you were younger? I lived close to a lake and we would go out boating during the day, we all had so much fun. I also remember going out with my friend Debi a lot. Such happy free times with little responsibility.
2. What is the highest temperature you've experienced in summer? What about so far this summer? How do you weather the heat or humidity? In the 100's, probably 110 or so. This year it has stayed in the upper 90's with humidity making it feel like the 100's. It is the worst here in August. (Missouri) When it is really hot, I used to go to the pool, but now I just stay inside in the A/C
3. What's been on your menu so far this summer? We try not to use the oven much when it is so hot in the summer, so hamburgers have been on the menu a lot.
4. What is on your reading list this summer... anything to recommend to us? What's on your TV this summer. Any music you're liking this summer? I recommend The Calamity Club. It is historical fiction set in 1933 Mississippi. It is by the same author as The Help. It talks about how hard life was in that time. TV- I am getting ready to watch Little House on the Prairie on Netflix, but The Four Seasons was funny and I already watched that. If you are a reader, Five Star Weekend was good on Peacock. Even if you didn't read it, it was good. I haven't listened to a lot of music this summer. I have been reading.

Hi Lori, I love Little House on the Prairie. last summer I watched all the seasons. I plan on getting Netflix. I love to watch Call the Midwife and may see that again. How is your mom doing?
ReplyDeleteMy mom is doing about the same, so that is good. :) Hefr assisted living facility is having a Dipmas party this week for Christmas in July. They will do dips and chips. It is on Thursday. I think it will be fun.
DeleteI have heard the new Little House is well done but I haven't started watching yet. I enjoyed your answers, Lori!! xo
ReplyDeleteYour summer weather sounds a lot like ours here in Florida. Hot and humid! And yes, staying inside in the AC is the best idea! I guess when we were younger we didn't notice the heat so much and we were outside a lot. I hope you are enjoying your time off for the summer. I know it goes by much too quickly!
ReplyDeleteI agree that it's best not to use the oven so much over the summer. It just gets so hot. I don't have a grill though so need to use the air fryer for as short a time as possible. It sounds like you had a fantastic childhood and it's such a blessing to have a/c these days. I forgot I'd started to watch Little House on the Prairie so I best get back to it. Enjoy your week.
ReplyDeleteLori, I loved reading your summertime memories — those carefree lake days sound absolutely wonderful. The heat you’re dealing with in Missouri is no joke, so staying inside with the A/C and good books sounds like the perfect plan. I’m adding The Calamity Club to my reading list; it sounds fascinating. Hope the rest of your summer brings lots of simple joys and cool breezes.
ReplyDeleteI haven't watched the new Little House yet, but want to. Maybe I'll watch it next week.
ReplyDelete