Everybody Loves a Clown
Saturday 9: Everybody Loves a Clown (1965)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) Not everyone loves clowns. "Coulrophobia" is the irrational fear of clowns. Do you have any fears or phobias? I am afraid of heights, snakes and mice.
2) This week's featured artist, Gary Lewis, sings that he jokes a lot at parties. In social settings, are you more a talker or a listener? listener, I can be quiet and shy when I first meet someone.
3) He's dreaming of a special girl. Do you often daydream? Maybe at home when my brain can think. I am so busy at work and there are so many things going on all of the time that I do not have time to daydream.
4) Gary named his band The Playboys because they were always late to rehearsals and Gary joked that they would rather play than work. Do you tend to be early, late, or exactly on time? Early! I am at least 30 minutes early. There is aways so much to do.
5) Gary Lewis had first-hand knowledge of clowns. His father was famous funny man Jerry Lewis. Who always makes you laugh? My son Josh.
6) In 2017, Gary was in the news when it became known that Jerry disinherited all six of his sons from his will. Have you ever attended the reading of a will? No, my grandparents had a will, but my Granie told me what was in it. I don't think anyone else knew because they were telling me things that they found out in the will and were surprised, but I already knew. I thought that was interesting.
7) This past summer found Gary Lewis on The My Generation Tour, performing with other acts from the mid-1960s, like The Lovin' Spoonful, The Hollies, and Mitch Ryder and the Detroit Wheels. Do you enjoy listening to "the oldies?" Oh for sure! I prefer the oldies.
8) In 1965, when this song was popular, Muhammad Ali defeated Sonny Liston to become the heavyweight champion of the world. Have you ever attended a boxing match? no, but I used to watch on tv a lot.
9) Random question: What color is your toothbrush? It is a blue and white electric toothbrush.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank-you for visiting my blog! You are always welcome here. I love Comments, so let me know you were here.