Pages

Friday, August 2, 2019

Saturday 9- Brand New Life

http://samanthasaturday9.blogspot.com/

Brand New Life


Saturday 9: Brand New Life (The Theme from Who's the Boss) (1984)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
 

1) Who's the Boss? is a sitcom that ran from 1984 to 1992. Were you a fan?  Yes, I loved it.
 
2) This week's song was composed by the show's producers, two men not known as songwriters. Have you ever tried your hand at songwriting?  no

3) The lyrics tell us that, as we go through life, it's not uncommon to "lose a dream or two." Do you agree? Have you ever had to give up on a dream?  I think that has happened a few times in my life.  It has all worked out though.

4) Who's the Boss? was about a highly-paid executive who hires a housekeeper. In the 1980s, it was unusual because the exec was a woman and the housekeeper was a man. Do you believe a man can be as good at housework as a woman?  I actually do.  My guys seem to need to be told what to do, but they can do it.  

5) Though the show's star, Tony Danza, graduated from University of Dubuque and was prepared to be a teacher, he got sidetracked. Back in New York, he boxed and tended bar and fell into acting. He finally did teach in 2010, taking over a 10th grade English class. How many different occupations have you held?  I think 4...I worked at McDonald's in high school, I was a cashier at a grocery store during college, I worked many years with mentally handicapped people in supported living and now I teach kids.

6) On the show, his daughter was played by Alyssa Milano. When she was a teenager, she rebelled against the show's producers by cutting off her long hair and wearing a pixie style. Were you a rebellious teen?  not really.  I was a little wild in college, but not in high school.
 
7) "The Boss" was Judith Light, who had been known to TV audiences from her work on One Life to Live. She met Robert Desiderio on the set of the soap opera and they have been married more than 34 years. Tell us where one of your romances got started.  I met some boyfriends at work and I met my husband at church.


8) The show -- rebroadcast with subtitles -- was a hit in Italy, where it was known as Casalingo Superpiù (Super Housekeeper). Say something to us in Italian.  pizelles...I do not know any Italian which is weird because I had a friend who is Italian and she never did share any language with me...I am just now realizing that.  Her mom made us pizelles though.  They are thin wafer cookies.


9) Random question -
- Have you more recently watched the sun rise or set?  This summer, set.  I see both when I am working.

8 comments:

  1. Mickey D's? Hmmm. That would be a tough choice for me. Big Macs are very delicious but so are Whoppers With Cheese at Burger King.

    Actually my favorites are the cheeseburgera with lettuce, tomato and pickles at Nite Owl but they're only open from 11:00 until 13:30 or 14:00 and at the golf course luncheonette.

    I even bring my own mayonnaise. Kewpie.

    Of course I am assuming that I get to eat the burgers that are over fifteen minutes old or however that works. You do get to eat stuff, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to count high school jobs! I loved babysitting. The kids went to bed at 8:00, so I got paid for hours of watching TV and eating potato chips.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did I know you were going to say you worked at McD's?? I have a long list of jobs from over the years... lol Those pizelles look quite tasty. My hubs grandma made those at the first few Christmas's we were together, sadly her health declined to where she didn't do much baking there after. I so miss those. Neither her daughter or granddaughter (MIL SIL) can't make them like hers. I may have to try and master this one! Thanks for bringing up a fun memory! Have a great Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When it comes to picking a husband you were just in the right place!!!
    Great answers!!! Happy weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Schotzy - you were in the right place at the right time! Enjoyed your answers. I don't see how they make those cookies so thin.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was just thinking yesterday that I needed to make some more pizzelles. We love them and they are easy to make. I enjoyed your answers! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wonder which you like better, sunrise or sunset, since you see them both.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog! You are always welcome here. I love Comments, so let me know you were here.