Pages

Friday, March 13, 2020

Sauturday9- I'll Take You Home Again, Kathleen

 



                                    http://samanthasaturday9.blogspot.com/



I'll Take You Home Again, Kathleen (1975)

Chosen because St. Patrick's Day is Tuesday.

 
Unfamiliar with this week's song? Hear it here.

1) This week's song is widely considered a traditional Irish ballad. Are you of Irish descent?  Not that I am aware of.
 
2) It's a song from a groom to his homesick bride. Who did you most recently serenade? (Yes, "Happy Birthday" counts.)  We just had a birthday in our classroom on Wednesday, so one of the students is who I sang to!  She turned 5.


3) Kathleen considers "home" her mother's cottage. How about you? Is "home" where you live now, or is it where you grew up?  Where I live now.  


4) St. Patrick is credited with driving snakes out of Ireland, and to this day the Irish report there are no snakes on their land. Ophiophobia is the fear of snakes. Do you suffer from ophiophobia?  Yes, because they slither around so fast.  I know that some snakes are good, but my word...they scare me so bad....so do mice.  Same reason, they dart around...unpredictable.

5) Irish Americans held the first St. Patrick's Day parade on our shores in New York City in 1766. Does your town host a St. Patrick's Day parade?  no, I live in a little town

6) Leprechauns are a symbol of St. Patrick's Day. These small Irish fairies are said to live in the forest, guarding their gold. Do you more often wear silver or gold?  I don't wear much jewelry.  My wedding band is gold, so I will say gold.  My watch is silver though.  I am mixed.


7) The signature color of St. Patrick's Day is green. Will you wear green next Tuesday?  I will probably try to.

 
8) This week's featured artist, Elvis, was the idol of millions. But not the Songfellows. In the early 1950s, a young Elvis auditioned for this gospel group and they refused him. Just as well, as the King of Rock 'n Roll did rather well for himself as a solo. Like Elvis, did you ever interview for a job that you didn't get?  Of course, but things always work out in the end.

9) Random question: Do you believe women are more emotional than men?  I don't know in general, but I am more emotional than most men I know.


10 comments:

  1. I like your answer to #8. It probably does all work out in the end!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning, Lori! Yes, just say NO to snakes! Hideous things. I believe if I didn't get a job, God had a reason...same as if I get one. I enjoyed your answers. Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My philosophy on snakes, if they are cooper colored with diamonds and are in the woods I will leave them alone, in my yard they get flatten with a shovel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lori: Are you receiving my emails?
    I have had no response to them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm mixed between gold and silver, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun questions on this St. Patrick's Day season! I enjoyed reading your answers, Lori! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I forgot to partake in this, sigh...oh well...enjoyed your answers. Have a great rest of the Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoyed my visit and hope you have a grand rest of your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am more emotional than my husband, but he tends to hold things in. As I have aged I find it easier to let things go.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would highly recommend Le_ meridian funding services to any person in need financial help and they will keep you on top of high directories for any further needs. Once again I commend yourself and your staff for extraordinary service and customer service, as this is a great asset to your company and a pleasant experience to customers such as myself. Wishing you all the best for the future.Le meridian funding service is best way to get an easy loan,here is there email..lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com Or talk to Mr Benjamin On WhatsApp Via_+1-989-394-3740 Thank You for helping me with loan once again in my sincerely heart I'm forever grateful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog! You are always welcome here. I love Comments, so let me know you were here.