Pages

Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Tuesday 4- Odds & Ends

https://tuesdaysplace.blogspot.com/


1.   Ever been to a Drive In Theater? Would you like to see Drive In Theaters make a come back?   I have been a few times and I love them.  I believe there is still one open in the summer about 2 hours from where I live.


2.  Should towns provide community entertainment like 
bands in the park, fireworks on the 4rth, community picnics or is the cost just too much?  My church used to do a big fireworks display for the city, before that the city did one and now the 4th of July events are at the smaller cities.  There is a lot of planning and cost that goes into those.  I enjoyed them myself.  I have to stay home now though with my dogs because they are so scared of fireworks.  When I lived in Kansas City they had theater in the Park and it was free.  You could see a musical.  It was wonderful!



3.  What would you change about your town if you had the power?  This town is ok, I guess I would clean it up.  There are a lot of abandoned homes and businesses here.

 
4. My  little high school offered 3 courses of education:  Business, University track and General education where you could also major in shop , carpentry, home economics and metal working, etc.
Would you like to see schools bring back business courses, shop classes and home economics?  The school I work at and went to school at has a Vocational Technical School where schools all around can come and take courses just like that.  There is culinary, carpentry, health fields, working with kids....in fact we have several of the techincal school kids help us with our classroom.  They are wonderful.  It is a great program.



11 comments:

  1. Have a great St. Patrick's Day. I really enjoyed your answers, smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so love how you choose to forego festivities to stay home with your fur babies! It shouldn't hurt to be a dog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always enjoy your answers. Have a good Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have a local Vo-Tech also. Thanks for stopping by!

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great answers and hope you are all getting along well duing this strange time. It sounds like teachers ahve a lot on their plate here at least getting online daily classes going and making personal contact with their students! whew! Stay well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's awesome about your school having those classes available to the students. Thanks for stopping over. Stay safe and healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad there are technical classes available where you live. Kids need to find a passion and understand that college isn't for everyone. Fun questions again and I enjoyed your answers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. vocational schools are great, I agree.
    More towns need to spruce up the abandoned strip malls,etc, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. #3 -- Shuttered storefronts always make me sad. Lost jobs, shattered dreams. A little gift shop just a few blocks away closed recently. She had the loveliest stuff in her windows -- stoneware pitchers, decorative pillows -- but I never bought anything because I'm trying to economize. Still, I feel bad for her. It's obvious she worked hard and had taste.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Lori! Are your schools going to shut down? The schools here in Alabama are closed as of today until April 13th. My employer is trying to figure out a way to send most people home to work, but it's hard since we are at the beck and call of students who probably are off work now and will want to make good progress on their classes while they have free time. I hope you stay well and enjoy the rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would highly recommend Le_ meridian funding services to any person in need financial help and they will keep you on top of high directories for any further needs. Once again I commend yourself and your staff for extraordinary service and customer service, as this is a great asset to your company and a pleasant experience to customers such as myself. Wishing you all the best for the future.Le meridian funding service is best way to get an easy loan,here is there email..lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com Or talk to Mr Benjamin On WhatsApp Via_+1-989-394-3740 Thank You for helping me with loan once again in my sincerely heart I'm forever grateful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog! You are always welcome here. I love Comments, so let me know you were here.