Pages

Saturday, August 20, 2011

First week of school

Josh had a good week at school. He seemed a little frustrated because they really weren't doing much of anything but going over rules, and that is boring.
This was my only week at the preschool. I had so much fun. I have some new kids and one of them is hilarious. It will be a super fun year with this student added to the mix of the already fun class I have. I will start student teaching next week, so I will not be back at the preschool until October 17th. I will miss my kids and co-workers.
Monday I go to a student teacher meeting and then Tuesday I start student teaching. This goes on for 8 weeks and then I am done and I can go back to the preschool. I am sure I will love it. Oh, I think some of you had asked what grade I will be teaching and where. It is public schools and it is 2nd grade.
This weekend I need to clean house and get everything ready for next week. I will try to make a post next week about how student teaching is going. I am nervous. Hopefully by later in the week I will be over that. BTW...still no word on the house, but I will keep you posted. Have a nice weekend.



3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that Josh survived his first week of school. Hearing the rules is boring, but I'm sure he will want some "boring" time again, once he's in full swing with lots of work and homework! LOL

    Second grade is a good grade. When I student taught, I was in first grade for the first 8 weeks, and then in fourth grade for the next 8 weeks. It was then that I decided I'd NEVER teach fourth grade! :) During my years teaching, I taught 2nd/3rd math for 1/2 year, first grade 1 year, and 3rd grade 5 years. Had I stayed in teaching, I would have moved to preschool. That's an age I really, really love!

    Good luck! Those 8 weeks are going to fly by and you'll be back with your little ones before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lori,
    Bet you're gonna love student teaching. I remember one of my grandkids had a student teacher and the class just loved her. It'll be that way for you too!

    You'll be in my thoughts! Hugz.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the student teaching! I'm sure you will do awesome!!!

    http://scrapgrrl.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog! You are always welcome here. I love Comments, so let me know you were here.