Pages

Friday, August 3, 2012

Happy Birthday Josh!!!

Well, we had a sick dog last Sunday. We woke up and Meisha had a mess in her crate. We think she ate some taco meat we had the night before. Maybe some was dropped on the floor or something. Anyway, Sunday was a long day for her and she was not completely better until Tuesday afternoon. She had two baths on Sunday and another on Tuesday. Glad that is over though.
Josh and I went out birthday shopping with my parents for Josh yesterday (Thursday). They got his school shoes and some socks. I was also able to find some capris for work for me, 2 pair of shoes and my fall scents for our wall flowers in our house. I think I got more than he did, but we bought a lot of his birthday in Oklahoma when we were there. Then we went to eat at Olive Garden. My mom and dad and I had fettucine alfredo and Josh had cheese stuffed ravioli. It was so good. My back did great and today I feel fine. Today Josh is going to see a play with Karl's family and tomorrow (August 4th) is Josh's birthday. He will be 14 years old!! I cannot believe it. He will be in 8th grade. I have only one week left of vacation before school starts and I am thinking that next week I am going to need to spend some time getting my classroom ready. I love doing that, so I will have fun. We have a really big class returning, so it should be a fun year. We also get to pick up Josh's schedule for classes and get him enrolled next week.
We have been enjoying the Olympics so much. I have loved swimming and gymnastics and I am so happy for Gabby for winning gold in the all around. I love the Olympics, they are so much fun to watch!! The little graphic and my sigtag are by Karin at Pixy Corner Well, I guess I better get off of here. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!!

15 comments:

  1. Happy Friday Lori,
    And Happy Birthday Josh. I hope he has a fun birthday tomorrow :)) 1 more week time sure flies by huh? And he is going to be 14 years old. It was just like yesterday Justin my Grandson was 14 years and now he will be turning 20 in January! My son just turned 42 in May. I hope you have a wonderful weekend. Hugs, Dru

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Friday Lori and a very Happy Birthday to Josh! They grow so darn fast don't they.Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend.Hugs,Kaye

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to Josh! I always remember it's his birthday, because he shares it with my husband. This is a neat year - Josh is four-TEEN and Hubby is four-TEE! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Josh! Wow! where has the time gone? You were just a bitty thing yesterday and now you're a big boy!
    Hope you had a fun shopping day. Hugz!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday to Josh! I can't believe he's 14 either! Where does the time go? We are watching the Olympics around the clock, too. It's been really enjoyable- the gymnastic, the swimming- all so exciting! Enjoy the week ahead! (((Hugz)))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lori!
    I have always been envious of teachers and being able to decorate their classrooms. It does sound like so much fun! 14 years old, wow.... It amazes me with my blogging friends because we have known each other for such a long time and we have watched each other's kids grow up, new ones being born, grandkids, etc. It's one of my favorite things about being a blogger. :)

    Have a super week!
    Jules

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy belated birthday to Josh! Glad that Meisha is feeling better. Belle has a sensitive tummy, too. But, she does love veggies and fruit :) I haven't been watching any Olympics. I usually do when they're on, though. It's easy to get addicted to watching them :) Have been out in my garden a lot this summer. Have a wonderful week. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lori sounds like you have been enjoying your summer. Dinner sounds great! shopping sounds fun. So sorry that Meisha was sick that is scary I am glad she is better. It is hard to believe that Josh and Morgan are 14. Morgan has a boyfriend and will be going to high school. I just cannot believe it. I feel so old now. he he he.
    I hope you have a wonderful school year! big hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Lori, I am also surprised to hear that Josh is 14! Wow, times sure does fly! Happy Birthday! The days just go by so quickly. sorry your doggie was sick. Good thing she was in the crate. I have enjoyed the Olympics too and now I will go get the Olympic rings from Karin. Have a nice weekend. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy birthday to Josh! Hope he had a good one!

    Enjoy the end of your summer! :)

    http://multipleblessings.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Lori have e a fantastic school year both you and Josh and God Bless you both and Karl to! big hugs

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Lori! Sorry I haven't been by to visit for awhile. I'm sure by now you are back to school. Summer was long and hot, but it still seems like just yesterday that the kids were getting out for the summer. I hope Josh had a great birthday, and I hope things are going well for you. Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Lori, Lori's busy life I hope you're doing wonderful! big hugs

    ReplyDelete
  14. Can't believe your son is now 14, where has the time flown. I remember him being just a little boy when I started reading your blog. Still enjoy your post even though I don't visit blogs very often any more.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog! You are always welcome here. I love Comments, so let me know you were here.