Friday, June 8, 2018

Eye Exam

I decided I was going to go get my eyes checked.  I have been wearing reading glasses, but the past year or so I have been needing to use glasses to see far away too.  It has been a while since I have had them checked, so since I am doctoring this summer, I decided to have my eyes checked too.  Well, you guessed it, I am going to have to wear bi-focals.  I just hope I can get used to them.  They should be here sometime next week.
I did get my kitchen table cleaned off, but that is all this week along with the stuff I posted about Monday...dresser and bar.  I just do a little at a time.  Mostly because I do not have enough room for trash.
This morning I took my mom to get some blood work done and then went to the mall and picked up a few things at Bath and Body Works.  They are having their semi-annual sale.  Then we went and ate at Chick-fil-a.  I am home now, it was a quick morning.  My mom also brought me my Scentsy order, we have found a lady to buy Scentsy from, I just love it!  I cannot wait until fall/winter scents are out.
Next week we go to the dentist.  We always go to the dentist, but it is time to have our teeth cleaned.
I am still waiting on my medicine for my thyroid to be delivered.  I hate having to use a mail prescription service, but our insurance pays really good and will not pay if we use a local pharmacy.  Maybe it will come tomorrow.
I hope you all had a nice week.  It is hot again just in time for the weekend.


  1. Hi again. I wear bifocals too. Started wearing them a couple of years ago and it makes things so much easier. I will have to get progressives next since I have to wear another pair to be on the computer. I hope you get your medicine soon so you can feel better. Enjoy your weekend. Hugs

  2. Hi Lori! I am glad to see you posting again. I am sorry about your thyroid being off. I think mine might be too. I am not tired, but I am super cold all the time (unless it's 90° outside, but even then, I am cold inside and wear my sweater outside until I warm up). Before our move, we did a ton of purging, but we still had a lot of stuff to move. It's actually mostly Dan's stuff out in the garage. He is still working to organize it, but he got it cleaned out enough so that I can park my car in there. My kitchen table is also a catch all in my house, so I cleaned that off yesterday and finished hanging pictures. I am almost finished with putting the house together, so now I want to start on the yard. I want to hang bird feeders and other ornaments. I also want to buy a bird bath. Every time we move, it seems like we do not have room to bring my baths, so I always end up buying new ones. It's hard to find nice, heavy ones that are not outrageously priced, though. If you ever come down to Gulf Shores for vacation, let me know. I'd love to meet up! Have a wonderful weekend!

  3. Happy Sunday evening Lori. I used to wear bi-focals and you'll have no problem getting used to them. Now the only glasses I use is for very tiny print as I've had cataract operations in both eyes and now have 20-20 vision but age still makes me use reading glasses for very tiny print. Hope your medication comes soon. Usually mail-ins take 10 days. Have a blessed evening my friend.


Thank-you for visiting my blog! You are always welcome here. I love Comments, so let me know you were here.