Pages

Friday, June 15, 2018

Joshua

This week started with me cleaning my kitchen drawers and bathroom closet.  I was able to throw some towels away and wash all of them, then organize them.  We have towels we seem to use over and over, yet we have all of these others to use also, so I put them where we could find them.  I have been using more things already, so that is good.  I was trying to do a project that I would not need to throw away a lot of trash.
Wednesday Josh and I went to the dentist and we have some cavities, so we will be getting those fixed soon.
Then when we got home from the dentist I called a surgeon to make an appointment to have a consultation on having Josh's wisdom teeth out.  We actually had that today and he gets them out on July 6th.
I also made an appointment on Wednesday for Josh to see a regular doctor.  They got him in the next day which was yesterday.  I have been worried that he is struggling with depression and anxiety.  That is what he was diagnosed with.  It was Moderate severe depression and Generalized Anxiety Disorder.  He is taking some medicine and today...second day on his medicine he already seems so much better.  I wasn't expecting results so fast.  He does have good days with his depression though, so I will see how the weekend goes and will keep you posted!  I am so relieved to have him on some medicine and I hope it will help him.  Josh is actually out with his Aunt and Uncle having dinner right now and he usually does not like to leave the house.  That is a good sign!  Keep him in your thoughts and prayers.
My medicine came for my thyroid.  I am on day 4 and I do seem to have a little more energy so far, but some of the other stuff I think will take some more time.  I have heard thyroid medicine can take weeks to work, so that is ok.  God wants me to be patient I guess.
I have made some plans with some friends at work, we are having a girls night out again in July.  I will post more about that later.  I need to have a little fun this summer and not just hang out with doctors...hahahahaha.  The pictures are of Josh taken in the fall with his friend Tara.  It was right before Halloween and they ran around town, but she has moved and she could really make him laugh and smile.  We miss her.  Have a great weekend!


4 comments:

  1. Hi Lori. I can relate to depression and anxiety. I struggled with both for awhile and it is miserable. I'm glad that Josh is taking medication and I hope it helps a lot. Enjoy your summer and your time with your friends. Summers go way too fast! Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will be praying for Josh. So sad his friend moved. Friends can make a huge difference.
    I hear you about having a little fun instead of hanging out around doctors! LOL. Hope you get to have a load of fun :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lori, Prayers being said for Josh. I pray everything works out for both of you. I'm glad the medications you are both taking is helping. Have many blessings ahead dear friend. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lori, I am sorry to hear about Josh struggling with depression and anxiety and I totally can relate. I have been on meds for years and it seems to run in our family. I hope the meds help. I bet he really misses his friend. A change in friendship is always sad. Praying for you all. Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog! You are always welcome here. I love Comments, so let me know you were here.