Saturday 9: The Middle (2018)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) This song is about compromise. When did you recently give in a little and meet someone halfway? Today when I was asked to stay late for a meeting on Monday...I do not mean like 30 minutes, I mean like 3 hours. I will get to come in late next Friday though!
2) She sings that the floors are wet. Are there any floors in your home that could use a good scrub today? If you answered "yes," will those floors get cleaned this weekend? Yes, Our floors all need a good scrub, I like clean floors. They probably will get cleaned.
3) She also sings that the cabinets are bare. What's currently on your shopping list? Maybe some drinks, but we are ok on food and it is going to be cold this weekend, so we may just stay in.
4) You may be familiar with this song from Target's TV commercials. Do you often shop at Target? Not really, it is out of the way for me.
5) The lead vocal is handled by Maren Morris, a Grammy winner for "My Church," which is all about singing with the car radio. What's the last song you sang along with? I can't remember.
6) This past April, Maren married singer-songwriter Ryan Hurd and they have performed onstage together. Who is the last person you sang along with? I was singing with some kids today in class, we were singing Santa Claus is coming to town.
7) This song was composed by brothers Kyle and Michael Trewartha. With their bleached hair and sunglasses, they look like a pair of surfer dudes -- which they are, having grown up in Huntington Beach, CA. Is there a body of water near your hometown? Table Rock Lake and lots of rivers.
8) January 2018, when this song debuted, we had a total lunar eclipse. When things like that happen in the sky, do you go out of your way to watch? Yes I do.
9) Random question -- They say we're all young at heart. In what way can you be childlike? I teach preschool, so I am always playing games, singing with kids and doing fun kid stuff.