Pages

Tuesday, March 14, 2023

Tuesday 4 Meme- Saint Patrick

 



Saint Patrick



 It's time once again for Toni Taddeo's Tuesday 4.

Since Saint Patrick's Day is March 17 it might be nice to talk about it.

1. Do you celebrate the day and is it more secular or religious for you?  I wear green, but that is about it.

2. Americans eat corned beef and cabbage but it's not traditional in Ireland at all.   In my  house its Colcannon and Beef Stew or Cottage pie (shepherds pie made with beef instead of lamb).. which is more realistic and far less salty.  Do you make special meals for holidays?  What will you make for St. Patrick's Day?  I make special meals for some holidays, but not St. Patrick's Day.

3.  Do you have much green in your wardrobe? Does the color look good on you?  Not really.  It was my favorite color in college and I had a lot of Hunter Green clothes/shoes/coats...but I do not have much green now at all.

4. In school we put up giant green shamrocks and Leprechauns. We made green paper chains to decorate our classrooms.  What do you do to decorate?  I do not decorate my house at all.  The kids made shamrocks at school and they are hanging in the hall.



10 comments:

  1. Hi Lori, I like your new siggie. I think I sent your old square from years ago. I bet the kids had fun with their shamrocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure you had fun with the kiddos at school and their shamrocks. Probably by the time you do all of that at school you've seen enough shamrocks for a while! LOL. But still, I hope you have a wonderful week and may you find a pot of gold at the end of every rainbow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember doing the busy work in public school for different holidays too. It was fun then 'cause we didn't have to learn and could chatter with friends. *lol* Not into decorating much now because health won't allow it.
    Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love seeing decorations made by kids for the holidays. It makes me happy to see their sweet little creations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't decorate either. If I think about it, I may wear some green that day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always loved the decorations our kids made at school. My DIL Brittany decorates their home for every holiday. When our Christmas tree was still up in February my poor little grandsons were confused. heehee...but the winter has been so hard we couldn't get to the shed to put everything away. I hope you have a wonderful new week. THank you for sharing your anwers here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sure your hallway looks so great with all the shamrocks!! How fun! I don't get real excited about St. Pat's Day either but will wear green!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, Lori, I forgot about wearing green to school… lest I get pinched! The kids seemed to think pinching the teacher would be the delight of their life😜

    ReplyDelete
  9. I remember when hunter green was such a popular color, not so much anymore. I still like it though. Hope you're enjoying a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I liked your answers. Similar to mine.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog! You are always welcome here. I love Comments, so let me know you were here.