Pages

Friday, March 24, 2023

Saturday 9: Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head

 



Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head

Saturday 9: Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.


1) In this week's song, BJ Thomas sings that he knows it won't be long until he finds happiness. What are you looking forward to today? What's going to make you smile?  I am filling this out on Thursday night, but I am looking forward to seeing my mom tomorrow (Friday) and I am picking up Josh from work so she can see him too.  I am also looking forward to sleeping in a little this weekend.

2) BJ Thomas met his wife Gloria at a bar. She was there with his drummer, but BJ let his friend know he felt a connection to Gloria and was going to drive her home. BJ and Gloria were married for 50 years, until his death. Have you and a friend ever found yourselves attracted to the same person? If yes, how did you handle it?  no
 
3) This song is from Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid, which has been called "the most entertaining Western ever made." Do you enjoy Westerns?  I like them.

4) Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid is one of the most popular movies Paul Newman made, but he liked to say his "favorite role is philanthropist." He raised an amazing $500 million for children's charities through his Newman's Own brand. The most popular Newman's Own product is salad dressing. What flavor of salad dressing would we find in your kitchen right now? Ranch
 
5) Burt Bacharach won the first of his three Oscars for this song. Yet 20th Century Fox originally wanted to cut the song from the movie, maintaining that that song and the famous "bicycle sequence" between Paul Newman and Katharine Ross were anachronistic and made the movie too long. Burt and the movie's director George Roy Hill fought for it, insisting that it helped define the optimistic character of Butch. Tell us about a time you were glad you stood your ground.

6) Edith Head also won an Oscar for Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. She said that Robert Redford, who played Sundance, presented a wardrobe problem. His jawline is too strong so she had to create special wider-brimmed hats to balance it. If you could magically change one of your physical features, which would you choose? And which feature would you never change?  I would want to be thin again...so get rid of my belly fat.  I would want to keep my eyes.  I like my smile too.  I had a student tell me this week that he liked it when I smiled at him.  My students are 5 years old.  Precious. :)

7) In 1969, when this song was a hit, The Beatles played their last concert on the roof of Abbey Road Studios. When did you last climb onto the roof?  I have never been on the roof of my house.  I think I have only been on part of one roof.  I went to visit a friend at college one time and you could climb out on their roof, so I did that.

8) Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys mysteries sold at a brisk pace at Christmastime 1969. They're still popular today. Were you a fan?  I have never read those.

9) Random question: Do you consider yourself old fashioned?  maybe a little, but my son Josh is old fashioned. :)  I think that is so cool.




8 comments:

  1. Checking in on Friday evening, Lori! I hope you had a nice visit with your mom and nice that Josh got to visit too! Another fun and interesting Saturday 9!! I enjoyed your answers. Mine will post tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy hearing about Josh's love of retro things. He sounds like he's interested in and curious about so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is cool that Josh is sort of an old soul or as Zippi called it, "timeless." Love that! I hope you had a nice visit with your mom and got to sleep in today. I had hoped to do the same, but woke up with allergies in full swing and a head that feels like it's going to explode. Spring is here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Josh sounds like an interesting person. I have read the book you asked about it; it was terrific. Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely love your blog glamor! SO cute.!!!!! And really enjoyed your answers..THis song is an oldie but Goldie. We loved the movie Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, but I doubt you ever saw it. That's the difference between an old fogie and a young whippersnapper!!!! Have a blessed week!!!And a wonderful upcoming Easter weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lori, sure hope you got to sleep in this weekend. I remember during my working years it was always a treat to sleep late!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ranch Dressing was the other one that we loved to have. I could get little packets of the seasoning for it, and mixed it up from them. And Josh sounds like a very cool person, and a joy to know. The roof.. I still love being up high, but know it's somewhere I will never get to be again. Not unless I want to die. lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lori, I hope you had a nice visit with your mom. Enjoy your reading while on spring break!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog! You are always welcome here. I love Comments, so let me know you were here.