Saturday 9: Wagon Wheel (2013)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) This week, Darius Rucker sings about hitching a ride to reach his lady love. Have you ever thumbed a ride? no, that has always been scary to me.
2) Along the way, he loses his money in a poker game. Successful poker players are good at bluffing, or misleading others about about their cards. Are you good at bluffing, whether at cards or in life? not at all.
3) Darius began has career as the lead singer of 90s soft-rock band Hootie and the Blowfish. Today he's a country singer. Let's say you're stuck in traffic and only one radio station comes in clearly. Would you prefer it play soft rock or country? soft rock
4) Darius Rucker will be on tour throughout 2023, playing dates all over the country and making a couple stops in Cancun. Have you ever visited Mexico? If so, where did you go? no
5) Darius has lent his talents to fundraising for The First Tee, a non-profit that teaches children "life lessons, self-confidence, and resilience through golf." Did you participate in organized sports as a youngster? If yes, what did you play? I was in track and cheerleading
6) A big sports fan, he has six TVs in his home so he can watch several games at once. His largest set is 70". When it comes to TV screens, do you believe bigger is better? Or are you just as comfortable watching from your laptop or phone? I like to watch on a big screen. I will watch on my phone if I have to, but I do not like it. My son is totally fine with watching shows on his phone.
7) In 2013, when "Wagon Wheel" was popular, fans were flocking to the movie theater to see Catching Fire, the second in the Hunger Games series. Are you a Hunger Games fan? yes
8) Also in 2013, the word "selfie" was added to the Oxford Dictionary. Do you take a lot of selfies? hardly ever
9) Random question: If we paid you $5,000, would you get Saturday 9 tattooed on your right forearm? no, I have zero tattoos and I am good with that.
We got our classrooms moved over to the intermediate school (I am sharing a room with the other pre-K teacher). The classroom is nice and the staff have been great there. I have managed our schedule so we do not have recess at the same time. That way we are able to get some real teaching in during those times. It has worked out ok. We have one week down. Next week I have a teacher conference in Lake of the Ozarks called Young Years. There will be children's authors there and sessions on a lot of different topics. Then Spring Break. I am looking forward to some rest. I will not get home until late next Saturday (the conference is 4 days)...so I will see you all the following week.