Pages

Friday, March 8, 2024

Saturday 9: Hold Me Now

 



Hold Me Now

Saturday 9: Hold Me Now (1983)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) This week's song begins with a young man gazing at a picture of himself and his girlfriend in happier times. Are there any photographs in the room you're in right now?  I am in my living room.  There are some pictures of Karl, Josh and me.  There are pictures of our dogs and a picture of Karl's Grandpa.

2) His girl tells him he's a dreamer. Do you consider yourself more a dreamer or realist?  Sometimes I like to let myself be a dreamer, but most of the time I am a realist.

3) "Hold Me Now" was a big hit for the British pop band, The Thompson Twins. They got their start in the late 1970s in the English city of Sheffield, so named because the River Sheaf runs through it. Do you know how your town got its name?  My town is called Highlandville....it is named for its high elevation compared to other areas around us.

4) Today lead singer Tom Bailey performs solo and is an outspoken advocate for veganism. Vegans abstain from consuming animal products, particularly in their diets. Are you a vegan, or have you ever tried to stick to a vegan diet?  no

5) Tom's former bandmate Joe Leeway has left show business altogether and concentrates on a career in hypnotherapy. This therapy is commonly used to treat insomnia, smoking cessation and obesity. Is hypnotherapy something you have tried, or would consider?  no

6) In 1983, when this song was popular, Motorola introduced the first cell phone. Today cell phones are an essential part of our every day lives. Do you still have a landline?  not exactly.  We have our cell phones, but we also have a magic jack.  We really do not use it much anymore.  I doubt we renew our contract next time.  When we first got our cell phones, we did not have very good reception at our house to make phone calls.  We do now.

7) Also in 1983, American West airlines took off, flying between Las Vegas and Phoenix. Where did you travel to on your most recent flight?  I have never flown.

8) In 1983, Princess Diana was the world's top cover girl. Are there any magazines in the room you're in? If yes, who or what is on the cover?  I do not have any magazines.  Princess Diana was so beautiful.

9) Random question: Is anyone on your bad side this morning?  Yes, but I don't want to talk about it.  It is hard to get on my bad side.



8 comments:

  1. Hi Lori, I read your number 9 and realized there is one person that I still have sad feelings about. I will be taking a Zoom class through my church that helps us look into our emotions. It should be interesting. I agree, Diana was pretty. Did you watch the Crown? Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss Diana and wonder how she'd handle being Queen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. #6 I never heard of a Magic Jack, I had to Google it.
    #7 I have no desire to fly anymore. The airlines treat you like cattle, seeing how many they can pack into a plane.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had enough of the spam calls and telemarketing so I got rid of my landline.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had to have a landline for my husband's work, but he retired 3 years ago and we still have it. Our cell reception is not always good and frankly I dislike talking on the cellphone over the landline. But it is getting expensive to keep.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good questions and good answers.
    I have many photos around my house but would like more.
    I can get lost in my daydreams but I am a realist
    The town/suburb I live in was named after Jonathan Warner who first settled here.
    Yes I still have a landline although it now runsthrough our modem

    ReplyDelete
  7. How did I miss your post? I really thought I had visited. I am so lax and trying to be better since I love reading other peoples posts so much. I forgot about magic jack! My landlines never worked right since my water table is so high.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog! You are always welcome here. I love Comments, so let me know you were here.