Pages

Friday, September 24, 2021

Saturday 9- Cardigan

 



Cardigan

Saturday 9: Cardigan (2020)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.


1) When she's feeling low, Taylor Swift compares herself to an old cardigan, forgotten under the bed. Do you store anything under your bed? Or do you try to keep that area clear (except for dust bunnies)?  I have one of those beds that sits up and down, it also massages.  It also has under bed lighting.  I do not think anything CAN go under the bed.  If it can, we do not have anything under there.

2) The lyrics begin with a reference to a new phone. Do you foresee yourself getting a new phone before 2021 ends? Or are you happy with the one you've got?  We just found out that they are going to stop updating our phones, I wouldn't mind keeping my phone, but if we do not update by the end of the year, we will next year probably.  I do not love updating my phone.  It works really good as it is.
 
3) She sings that her lover haunts all of her "what if's." Have you recently wondered, "what if?" What were you musing about?  There is a new show called Ordinary Joe that is about just that...what if he made a different choice.  It reminds me of the book The Midnight Library.  Anyway, I do think about what if sometimes, I think most recently I was thinking about if I had made other choices I would probably not be teaching.  I love teaching.  I am glad things have worked out in my life.

4) Taylor Swift admits that she rewinds after concerts by watching Friends reruns. What do you do to relax?  I play games online or read.  I read some really good books lately.  Malibu Rising really captured my attention.  The Therapist was really good too.

5) Thinking of TV shows, Taylor appeared on a 2009 episode of CSI. That series was about crime-scene investigators who use forensics to solve murders. Do you enjoy crime shows?  It depends on the show.  I do enjoy them.

6) Taylor grew up on an 11-acre tree farm where she learned to ride. Her mother was a horsewoman and hoped riding was a passion they could share. When she was 12, Taylor admitted to her mother that she really wasn't that into it and wished she could spend more time on her music. Her mother was supportive. Tell us about a tough conversation you've had that turned out well.  Maybe it was the conversation Karl, Josh and I were having last week about Molly.  I think Karl and I both thought we were going to lose Molly.  Josh wanted to keep doing everything we could.  We agreed to bringing her home and she how she did.  Molly is now off all of the medicine that she was on for the poisoning and she is completely fine...no neurological issues.  She is doing good....just one thing.  When they did scans on her they found she has bladder stones, so we have put her on special food to see if it will dissolve the stones, if it doesn't, she would have to have surgery, so I am praying the food will help.  This had nothing to do with the black walnut poisoning, they just happened to find them as they were taking care of her.

7) She enjoys good, old-fashioned mysteries, especially those by Agatha Christie. Are you currently reading a book?  I am reading Malibu Rising by Taylor Jenkins Reid.  I believe she also wrote Daisy Jones and the Six...which I thought about reading, but didn't.  I might have to read it as much as I am enjoying Malibu Rising.  It is such a visual book for me.  I like how the author writes.

8) In 2020, the year this song was released, Jeopardy host Alex Trebek died. The search for a new host has caused interest and even controversy. Would you enjoy the job?  No, I would not be good at being a host.

9) Random question: Of Superman's three superpowers -- tremendous strength, the ability to fly, and x-ray vision -- which would you choose?  I wouldn't mind strength so I could do more on my own and not hurt my back, but I would also like to be able to fly, just so I could get places quick and be able to visit places.  


11 comments:

  1. Yay, I'm so happy Molly is doing well with no residual issues!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is what happened with my phone...and they weren't kidding. After I got the notice, I had about 2 weeks before it stopped working well and it just got worse and worse until I had no choice.

    I'm glad Molly is doing well. I thought of her yesterday when I cut across my neighbor's back lot with Daisy. There were walnuts all over the ground. I told Daisy not to even look at them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good! I pray that if I was able to help even just one dog stay healthy, I am glad I was able to share my experience. It was worth it.

      Delete
  3. Poor Molly with bladder stones--I hope they dissolve.

    If you can listen to audio books, I recommend Daisy Jones as an aduio. It's got a full cast and it's fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my word! That sounds awesome. I will get it on my list to read (listen to).

      Delete
  4. Sorry that Molly's health problems persist. I hope the special diet helps turn it all around.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad your Molly is doing better! I hope the stones dissolve.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad Molly is doing well, it must have been hard on you.
    I had to upgrade my phone as the carrier changed to 4G

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog! You are always welcome here. I love Comments, so let me know you were here.