Pages

Friday, September 10, 2021

Saturday 9- Jose Cuervo

 



Jose Cuervo

Saturday 9: Jose Cuervo (1983)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here. 
 
1) In this song, Shelly West sings that she woke up late on a sunny morning. How's the weather in your part of the world?   It is sunny and in the 90's.

2) She wonders if she started any fights while under the influence. Who's the last person you quarreled with?  Probably my husband, I do not get in many arguments.
 
3) OK, margaritas for everyone! Shelly sings that she likes hers with salt. What's your order? Classic or strawberry? Salt or sugar on the rim?  I do not like Tequila, so pass for me.

4) Jose Cuervo was a real person. He was one of the first to put tequila in bottles instead of barrels. Since bottles are easier to ship, it was a good decision. Tell us about a recent choice you're glad you made.  My dog Molly ate a black walnut or part of one that had fallen in our yard...they are toxic to dogs, so she has been in the vet hospital for 2 days, they are flushing her little system and hopefully she will make it.  She had several seizures, which have stopped now and her temperature is back to normal, but she was really bad off there at first.  She still is not doing great.  The best decision we made was getting her to a vet relatively quickly.  If you think of her, send her some positive thoughts and prayers.  I would appreciate it.   She is not out of the woods yet.  Molly is the black/white and brown dog...part corgi part blue heeler.



5) This week's featured artist, Shelly West, decided upon a career in music while still very young. She went on the road and sang backup for her mom, country music legend Dottie West, when she was still in her teens. When Sam was in her teens, she really didn't give her professional future that much thought. How about you? Did you already have career ambitions when you were in your teens?  no, I am so envious of people that know exactly what they want to do.  I wanted to be a medical technologist for a while when I first went to college, but I changed my mind.
 
6) In 1983, the year this song was popular, Sally Ride became the first American woman in space. Do you ever fantasize about being an astronaut?  I was always interested in space and learned all I could, but I never wanted to be an astronaut.

7) Also in 1983, quarterback Aaron Rodgers was born. The NFL season is just kicking off. Do you have high hopes for your team this year?  I always have high hopes for my KC Chiefs!  I am so excited the season is here.



8) In 1983, Motorola introduced the first cell phone. Do you have an easy time adapting to new technology?  I think I do.  I can typically figure it out myself.

9) Think of the last potato chip you had. Was it plain, sea salt, barbecue, sour cream and onion ...?  I think it was BBQ.



8 comments:

  1. I am praying for Molly. My poor Reina was food aggressive and always getting into things. We did not know that raisins were bad either. We lost her in 2009 when she was 10. Now we have Minnie and we are more careful with her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. #4 Sorry to hear about Molly, I hope that she pulls through it. There are so many things around the house that we don't know that are harmful to pets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sure hope Molly is feeling better today. I hate that animals are so good at hiding their illnesses until it is almost too late to do anything. Please keep us updated. Prayers going up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prayers for poor Molly. Hope she recovers quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Molly! It's so terrible when our fur babies are sick because they depend on us, but they really can't communicate with us and can't tell us what we can do to help.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sending much love to Molly!!!

    I'm with you on #8--figuring out new technology is fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your poor doggie! I didn't know black walnuts were harmful to dogs. I hope she gets along ok.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Prayers for sweet Molly. BBQ chips are about the only flavor I can't abide. Please keep us posted about Molly. xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog! You are always welcome here. I love Comments, so let me know you were here.