Pages

Friday, April 1, 2022

Saturday 9: Fooled Around and Fell in Love

 



Fooled Around and Fell in Love

Saturday 9: Fooled Around and Fell in Love (1976)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

Chosen because this weekend is April Fool's Day.

1) As an April Fool's prank, Taco Bell once announced they had purchased The Liberty Bell and renamed it The Taco Liberty Bell. Describe your perfect taco.  I like soft tacos with lots of meat and cheese, some taco sauce and sour cream.  That is all.  There is a place down where I work that has huge tacos and they are delicious.

2) In 1989, a British policeman investigated a flying saucer that had landed in a field in Surrey. When a figure in a space suit emerged, the policeman ran away. Turns out it was a hot air balloon, designed by billionaire Richard Branson to look like a UFO. Have you ever seen a UFO?  no
 
3) This week's song is about a man who collected girls' phone numbers in a little book. When he and she broke up, he'd tear out her page. Do you keep a pen-and-paper address book? Or do you use your cellphone to hold street addresses as well as phone numbers?  My phone numbers are in my phone, but I have an address book for addresses.  I really only use it at Christmas.  I tried having a pen pal and I just have a hard time keeping up with that.

4) This was the biggest hit blues guitarist Elvin Bishop ever had, but that's not him singing it. While he's proud of his composing and guitar prowess, Bishop felt his voice was too gravelly for this song. Do you like your singing voice?  If the song is in my vocal range I do like my voice.

5) A brainy kid, Elvin Bishop won a full scholarship to the University of Chicago, where he majored in physics. Obviously, though, as a blues guitarist he doesn't lean on that physics degree very often. What's something you learned in school that you seldom used again?  I feel like I use a lot of what I learned here and there.  I suppose it would be my French and Spanish classes that I seldom use, but like I said, I do use those on occasion.  If I am telling the truth I learned more about English studying foreign language.  

6) Elvin was born in Iowa, grew up in Oklahoma, went to college in Illinois, recorded in Georgia and now lives in California. How many different states have you called home?  I have only lived in Missouri and Kansas and I only lived in Kansas for six months.  Missouri is my only real home.
 
7) In 1976, the Summer Olympics were held in Montreal. When did you most recently visit our neighbor to the north?  I have never been to Canada.   I usually travel South.

8) Nadia Comaneci was the star of the 76 Olympics, scoring a perfect 10 in gymnastics. What have you enjoyed lately that you would rate "a perfect 10?"  It has been a while.  Maybe some kind of food, but nothing is coming to mind right now.

9) Random question: Do you ever talk to your TV?  Sometimes when I am watching sports I tell the athletes to hit the ball or catch it, or throw the ball or run.


8 comments:

  1. I guess I am in your address book! Have a great weekend Lori!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do use French and Spanish once in a while these days, not to speak, but to read directions or a label. I'm not at all fluent, but I can at least pick out a few words here and there. I didn't learn anything about English from other languages. For me, the learning came in my journalism classes in college. I learned more practical use stuff in one class than I'd learned in 12 years of advanced English classes. This was a fun bunch of questions and I enjoyed your answers. Have a great weekend, Lori!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hubs really enjoyed his class in ESL too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. #7 Before car AC we used to travel to Canada in the summer, much cooler than driving south for the summer months.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would like to visit Canada some summer, I think it would be a wonderful trip. I can't see it happening, but should never say never!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Being surrounded by Canada, I forget that it's a foreign country--I have relatives across the border and we used to go back and forth easily until Covid hit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad someone else talks to the TV!! I am late getting to posts but enjoyed your Saturday 9! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I prefer soft tacos, too. Crunchy ones fall apart and I end up with juicy ground beef on my blouse!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog! You are always welcome here. I love Comments, so let me know you were here.