Pages

Tuesday, May 28, 2024

Tuesday 4 Meme- Taco Tuesday

 



Taco Tuesday

 Hey there... Welcome back to Toni Taddeo's Tuesday 4.

I hope your week went well.  

Taco Tuesday was coined by a Taco John's owner back in 1980 when he needed to jack up sales for Tuesday the slowest day of the week.   His franchise began offering 2 tacos for 99¢.  It was a huge hit and Taco Tuesday became a big hit in America.  But it's original name was Taco Twos Day.

Could we look at Tuesday a bit?

1. Do you take part in this nationwide ritual and have tacos on Tuesday or do you like them any old time?  The school where I teach has Taco Tuesday, or what I call Taco Tuesday...they serve some type of Mexican food, so in that way I participate, but at home we have tacos any time.  I am always up for Mexican food.

2. This particular Taco John's was in Wyoming.  Does your state have a favorite fast food place and do you like eating there?  Taco Bell I guess would be the fast food one around here.  We usually go to a restaurant chain here that is not fast, but you get more food for not much more price.  It is called Mexican Villa. I answered this wrong, when I looked up favorite fast food for my area it says Dominos...which is pizza.

3. Taco Tuesday was trademarked in 1989 in 49 states except New Jersey where the Gregory Hotel owns that trademark.  Taco Bell wants to sue over the use of the term.  What do you think about that?  I think everyone says Taco Tuesday now.  I think Taco Bell suing is a little silly.

4. How do you like your tacos? Soft or hard shell? Hot, medium or mild salsa? Cheese? Sour cream?  I prefer soft tacos, mild sauce with cheese and sour cream.   I will eat hard shells too.



3 comments:

  1. I like the hard shell for the crunch. If I make them from soft corn tortillas I fry them until they are crisp. After reading everyone's answers I am craving tacos now!! My stomach is growling too.. oh well. I have no taco fixings in the house so I will settle for a quick hamburger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes to the hard shells but soft ones are also good. I eat taco salad more than I eat tacos, though. I do love Mexican food!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked your answers. I do love me some good Mexican food.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog! You are always welcome here. I love Comments, so let me know you were here.