Pages

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Lens Day

Today is Lens Day and the subject is favorite drink.
My favorite drink is Pepsi and yes I know how unhealthy it is. I do not drink coffee, so this is how I wake myself up to be able to work with my kids at the preschool. It keeps me going during the day. I do not function well without it.
Sooooo, yesterday I was posting about how I was not motivated, but yesterday I was able to go to the pool for a little while. The water was not bad. Then I took a shower and headed to the preschool. I was able to get the back to school decorations up and did lesson plans for August and September. I do want to plan to spend a day doing October and another day doing November and December. Then I should be good. If I have time I will do January, just because it is hard doing lesson plans right before or after a break. I have a unique situation where my school is set up into 2 sessions....morning and afternoon. We have a 30 minute break for lunch and we have some time after school for lesson planning, but I am exhausted after school...I teach preschool ages 3-5 and they are special education kids, so I am tired at the end of the day. That is why I am trying to do lesson plans now. I want to get a good start anyway. Many special education preschools have Friday off for this kind of thing, but we do not.
I also got my house cleaned and I am doing laundry today. I am not going to the preschool today I do not think. Josh will be coming back from my mom and dad's house, so I need to be here for that and I am not sure when they will be home. I am thinking tomorrow I will work on my October lesson plans. I am happy I have started though. Have a great day.

9 comments:

  1. Hi Lori! I like Lens Day. I do Wordless Wednesday. I used to LOVE Pepsi & Coke! Then I noticed about 10 years ago, I started to feel very anxious after drinking one. It eventually turned into panic attack. I went to the dr & he told me it was common - that one day your body just stops being able to metabolize caffeine. :( Funny, but after that, I've talked to dozens of people that can't drink it anymore. So I haven't had caffeine in years...everything is decaf. :( but better than a panic attack!

    So glad that you're moving along in your lesson planning. I bet your age group is so fun to teach! Have a blessed day! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori, I just read your comment, & yes Emily still has her Lilly. I don't think she will ever let her go. She still takes it everywhere! I admit, I'll be sad when the day comes that she puts her up. :( Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lori! You are making great progress on your lesson planning. I am taking a teaching class right now and I am not having great luck figuring out what my professor wants. I'll be glad when it's finished--I'm halfway there. I hope you have a blessed rest of the week. Big hugs! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lori!
    I am exhausted just hearing about everything that you need to do. I think it's great that you do your lesson plans far in advance. It's got to be a great help to you while the school year progresses.

    Have a wonderful evening! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lori! Wow, you've been busy. I think it's pretty amazing that you're a special ed teacher. That takes a special person with a very big heart. :) How amazing for you! I'm so glad that you were able to get your plans done. Hopefully tomorrow you will be able to get October and perhaps even November done. Hope you had a great Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I was a child, Pepsi was my drink. As an adult, it's Coke, or more specifically cherry coke. I don't drink it much any more though unless it's sugar free. I'm glad you're making progress with your lesson plans! Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lori, I will always be thankful to my son's special ed preschool teacher. She taught us a lot. I am sure you are a great teacher. Good to get a jump on your lesson plans. If you ever decide to go back to a web home, I can send you the html and you just plug in with your graphics. Happy Summer!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lori; I was never a soda or pop as some say, drinker. I'm an original milk and coffee baby LOL!
    Hope your October lesson plans are going well. Have a blessed weekend my friend.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Lori! Just passing by to say Hi! I hope you had a terrific weekend and are having a lovely Monday. Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog! You are always welcome here. I love Comments, so let me know you were here.